ok, so what's with this vignetting crap?

Slipperman

thx for the lens suggestions. have to check out the Nikon 70-300. usually Nikon costs a lot more than the 3rd parties.
does anybody know if those lens-for-rent places buy slightly used lenses to add to their inventory? i figure they have to get them from somewhere.

Last edited:

480sparky

thx for the lens suggestions. didn't realize the Nikon 70-300 was so cheap.
does anybody know if those lens-for-rent places buy slightly used lenses to add to their inventory? i figure they have to get them from somewhere.

They most likely buy them new.

The 70-300 may be low-priced, but it's a damned good lens for the money. 'Specially considering it's an FX lens.

BackdoorArts

Just to close this down for me...

My apologies for being a bit of a d*ck, if not early on then in response to being called out as one. My words stand. Just don't ever call my wife ugly. ;)

skene

Congrats to you. Now stop making jibberish posts and go out and take some pictures with your new camera. Learn on and enjoy your new toy.

Jon Rowlison

I disabled auto-crop on my D750 as I'd heard rumors that some DX lenses actually cover all of or more of the FX sensor than they do when put on a DX camera. I'm sure I'll turn the auto-crop back on after I try out my DX lenses over time, but that's actually a really beautiful picture of the barrel of your 18-140dx zoom. :)