Nikon Z50 mirrorless APS-C camera and two lenses (16-55mm and 50-250mm) to be announc

mikew_RIP

May have to rethink this, it looks like the highest FPS in mechanical shutter is 5fps which in its self is ok but its with blackout, the 11 fps without black out is with the E shutter.

The beginning of this vid shows it

This grab from a Nikon vid says 11 fps silent shooting, that to me is E shutter

Capturen.jpg

Needa

Challenge Team
Isn't the black out just a function of the shutter passing in front of the sensor and DLSRs do similar getting the mirror back in front of the sensor? It also seems the blackout period in DLSR a would be directly related to shutter speed, while the mirrorless would correlate to shutter speed and EVF refresh time. Is this video relevant to the type of shooting you do, as in similar lighting conditions and settings. Is the EVF faster to recover than the rear screen? Or maybe the blackout in the Z 50 is just a function of the fps.

mikew_RIP

Isn't the black out just a function of the shutter passing in front of the sensor and DLSRs do similar getting the mirror back in front of the sensor? It also seems the blackout period in DLSR a would be directly related to shutter speed, while the mirrorless would correlate to shutter speed and EVF refresh time. Is this video relevant to the type of shooting you do, as in similar lighting conditions and settings. Is the EVF faster to recover than the rear screen? Or maybe the blackout in the Z 50 is just a function of the fps.

You may be right its just i had seen the no blackout headlines and got exited:D, i was coming back to this when i saw your post to admit i was being old and foolish,so many of my years of camera choices have been related to BIF i had forgotton this one isnt.
This one was to give me a second kit that wasnt BIF orientated, more street,flowers,insects and geaneral photography so the purchase is back on.

Needa

Challenge Team
"so the purchase is back on"

Just asking some questions. Hope whatever you get will be a good fit.

spb_stan

The Electronic shutter does not have a speed limitation, say, 1/2000 as in First Curtain Electronic Shutter does, so it is very useful, as silent shooting, all sorts of subjects become available such as closer in with animals which are spooked by loud shutters. I use mine in theater, ballet, weddings etc and it is really a bonus, works great. It takes some getting used to, at first I was getting lots of double shots ones were I hear nothing so automatically pressed the shutter release again. After a few events if became part of muscle memory. What also took some getting used to was shooting a video and pressing the still shutter release every time I wanted a stil of what was being recorded as a video The only downside is that it is limited to a 2mb file still, which is plenty for web use of portable devices but high res large prints are iffy.
The Sensor is read fully in about 1/22 of a second to there is a maximum frame rate less than that between frames, but easily enough for 8fps in 14 bit raw and 12 fps in Raw 12 bit, Jpg and TIFF.

mikew_RIP

Checked with my LCS today and up to now Nikon has not told him he won't get his stock on time, fingers crossed for the weekend.

ElijahCamera

Nikon is dedicated to expanding its mirrorless system to cater to a diverse group of photographers with specific needs and preferences. With both lenses now available for use with the (Removed link), Nikon is providing enthusiasts and some professionals with a comprehensive package. I anticipate exciting discussions around the performance, image quality, and overall user experience to see how this offering differs from other mirrorless APS-C competitors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard ElijahCamera, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.