Nikon Z5 i button

Clovishound

By that, do you mean the menu comes up when the button is pressed, and then goes away when the button is released? I've never left mine up for long enough to see if it times out. Keep in mind the menu will disappear when other buttons are pressed.

rgwire

Yes when button is pressed, the menu goes away in a second not letting me have enough time to make adjustments. The problem is now solved by removing a Godox flash receiver I attached to the camera's shoe plate for using remote wireless flash. Apparently, the connection of the receiver to the camera caused some interference.

Clovishound

You might try putting it back on and making sure it is fully seated. I tried my Godox wireless transmitter and the i menu worked as advertised, but the i menu goes away when sliding the transmitter off. It could be it was partially connecting and causing the camera to shut off the menu.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard rgwire, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.