Nikon F80/N80.....worth purchasing???

Nikon Photographer

If the lens doesn't have an aperture ring, then how will it be changed? I have an N90s, and although I've never tried a 'G' lens, the only way I could fathom it would work would be to use shutter priority. That *should* allow the aperture to be set by the camera. Some of the more expensive 35mm cameras WILL work with 'G' lenses, but I'm not sure that lens will be fully operational with an F80. Your camera store should be able to give you more info.

The lens aperture is controlled from command dials on the body, I still have my F80 and it's a cracking camera, have a look on my website, quite a few photo's on there were taken with the F80 before I moved on to digital

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The lens aperture is controlled from command dials on the body, I still have my F80 and it's a cracking camera, have a look on my website, quite a few photo's on there were taken with the F80 before I moved on to digital

Wish my N90s had that option! ;)

Elliot87

Seems like it's been a worthwhile buy as my wife is enjoying learning to use her first SLR.

DSC_0029 (2).jpg

dslater

An F80/N80 will work just fine with AF-S & G lenses. However, I would not recommend it. Why? Well there's nothing wrong with an N80 - I had one for years and loved it. The thing is, an F100 is a far superior camera, and these days can be had dirt cheap. When I traded up from my N80 to my F100, I never looked back - everything about the F100 was better.