Nikon exposure setting issue

Gainzwhey

Hello everyone,
I own a D700 and I've been having some issues with the exposure settings on my camera.
My camera is changing the shutter speed automatically and I don't know why.
For instance, when shutting on manual mode I have lock a good/right exposure at 1/1000, f/3.5, ISO200, and after I click and take the photo it will automatically bump of the shutter speed to say 1/4000 for the second shot, 1/2000 for the third, then 1/500 for the fifth, without changing the f or ISO, when I really just wanted for it to be locked on the 1/1000, f/3.5, ISO200 exposure. I don't know what that is and how to change it. It's very annoying because when I try to take continuous shots for my kids running around. I have to keep readjusting the shutter speed to the the exposure it should be. Does anybody know why this is and how to fix it. I went through the menu I didn't find anything to fix this.
Does anyone have any tips, guesses.
Thanks in advance.

Fred Kingston

Hold the button and you should see Two settings... The one on the left shows the Number of Frames, and the one on the right shows the number of F-stops each shot changes... While holding the button... Turn the Back wheel until the frames shows 0F

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride Gainzwhey. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.