Nikon D810

gqtuazon

Gear Head
As I've not been always happy with the AF on the D800 (so I got a D4), and was planning to get a D800e, this looks like a great upgrade and will definitely consider it....better AF and better resolution. Yippeee!!!! :D Might wait though until the price comes down a notch.

Normally, price goes down after a year from its original release.

It's always nice to get a huge 1 f stop advantage and the cluster or group AF. By the time 2015 is about to end, a D5 might be announced for the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

traceyjj

I'm wanting one, but as the price of the UK model is way more than the 800e, I really dont know what to do. For me, the decision was between the 610 and the 800, and now this new camera has features that appeal to me more than the "drawbacks" I was using to talk myself out of wanting the 800 over the 610

wornish

I am thinking about upgrading from my D800 but not sure if its worth it.
Even though the extra features are more than nice :confused:

crycocyon

From what I've seen in reviews its resolution is better than a D800E and the D800E itself is something like 30% better than the D800. So first chance I get I'd like to upgrade to this camera.

If I had a DX camera I'd be shopping now for deals on D800 cameras. Ebay prices are great now (same in some instances as a new D610).

wornish

From what I've seen in reviews its resolution is better than a D800E and the D800E itself is something like 30% better than the D800. So first chance I get I'd like to upgrade to this camera.

If I had a DX camera I'd be shopping now for deals on D800 cameras. Ebay prices are great now (same in some instances as a new D610).

Please share your links that show that D800E is 30% "better" than D800. Also please define better resolution they are both 36MP sensors.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
i stop advantage similar to the D3 vs D3s is huge IMO. It is tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Glenn, watch out for the NAS strike. It's still just a camera and I'm not sure that on a normal (up to 20x30") print you or a customer could see a difference between your 800E and the 810. We are getting close to the point of more money only brings a tiny bit of improvement.

But you'll get it eventually I'm sure. The only question is WHEN. :)

Cowleystjames

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406585812.777059.jpg
Went out and bought one to sit alongside my D4s, and boy, is that a great camera. It's almost got the low light capability of the D4s with an amazingly quiet shutter. I love it and the resolution and IQ with the Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art is incredible.
All I need now is Adobe updating Lightroom to see the RAW files from it!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Oh Glenn, watch out for the NAS strike. It's still just a camera and I'm not sure that on a normal (up to 20x30") print you or a customer could see a difference between your 800E and the 810. We are getting close to the point of more money only brings a tiny bit of improvement.

But you'll get it eventually I'm sure. The only question is WHEN. :)

Hi Marcel. I have not been following most of the comparisons between the E and D810. From what I have read briefly was the advantage in ISO with the D810 is that it has a base ISO of 64.

For now, these incremental improvements are not enough to even entice me to get one. My camera bodies have very few actuations and it will be a while before I can even reach the point that I'll need a new shutter replacement. I am still more than satisfied with my D3s, D800E, D7000, D80 IR, and Coopix A. If I can't accomplish a certain task with my photography tools, then the issue is not with the camera. For those who gets one, congrats.

Sambr

I hear you Glenn If I can't take a decent photo with a D4 D800, or D700 - then it's me not the gear. I love the specs on the D810 good luck & congrats on whom buys them.

Cowleystjames

It does have an AA filter crycocyon, just has another lens to cancel the AA out. So it's still there and in the light transmissions way.
Always used to think that this would have a negative effect , but still can't see a difference between D800e images and D810. Although, in my pixel peeping (which I very rarely do!) I'm sure I can see a slight difference in colours, especially reds.