Nikon D7500 battery grip

kobbiep

Hello, I own the Nikon D7500 camera and I desperately looking for a Battery Grip for my Nikon D7500

I know that Vello stopped manufacture BG-N18 grip , but is there any compatible grip that fits for Nikon D7500

and it is available for buying?

Thank you

kobbie

Attachments

• grip.jpg
    grip.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 31

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Kobbiep, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.

BF Hammer

The Amazon listing is still there but unavailable. But there are some things I notice with the Vello grip that make me wonder why they even bothered to bring it to market in the first place.

Vello BG-N18

The biggest thing I notice is this grip requires you to remove the battery and battery cover. Not that weird, as the original D80 battery grip worked like that. But the Vello only has a single battery slot in it. So you add the extra bulk and do not gain anything for extra battery power. The D80 grip at least had 2 battery slots and you could change them individually as you worked. This is just stupid.

Controls: There basically is none. Shutter release button and nothing else. Useless. No control dials or function buttons.

The D7500 just was not built to take a vertical grip by Nikon. That is why nobody has really made one, and when it was done aftermarket it was a useless item.

But that is just a rant from somebody who has owned the D80 and D7000 battery grips in the past. I have given up on grips since I have adopted L-Brackets as standard equipment on my camera bodies. In a pinch I can use a USB power bank in my pocket and a long USB-C cable to bring extended power to my Z5 with no added weight. But yes I do have to hold the camera funny in portrait orientation. For the 8% of photos I take in that orientation.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I don't think Nikon ever made a grip for the D7500, so a used Vello would probably be the only option. And, as noted above, with only a shutter release button and no other controls.