Nikon D500 Announced

Vincent

Cant dispute the image quality there but it is a Nikon sample,i will be interested to see what percentage of photographers that buy it can attain that quality.

I was wondering about the keeper rate, this might be the one good picture out of a series of 500? Still impressive performance at that ISO, but agree it does not prove it is always high performing at ISO 51200.

A bit disappointed with the new input: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonphotostream/albums/72157661898926193
On Flickr, more pictures, but limited data in the pictures again, no pixel peeping.

Horoscope Fish

... D500 delayed till late April
"The origin of suffering is attachment."

People who have been waiting THIS long can surely hold out a few more weeks. And I imagine most, if not all, of the first first run bodies have already been spoken for/promised to The Immortal Ones; so us run-of-the-mill consumers can probably expect to be handed a number, a big ol' Chill Pill and told to sit back and relax for the next few months or so while production catches up with demand.

Vincent

The rumor I found most compelling, Nikon delays release since they fear that scarcity will push high priced e-bay offers? I know this exists with exclusive cars. I thought people would have more sense, guess I'm too positive.

mikew_RIP

The rumor I found most compelling, Nikon delays release since they fear that scarcity will push high priced e-bay offers? I know this exists with exclusive cars. I thought people would have more sense, guess I'm too positive.

It happened when with the sigma 150-600 while every one was waiting for the Nikon mount,i did see some overpriced Ebay adds for the 300mm PF.

mauckcg

So my company announced their end of year financial performance for our bonuses, finished my taxes last night, and for the forseeable future there will be plenty of overtime. I lost all willpower and pre-ordered a D500. :chargrined::rolleyes::cool:

salukfan111

So my company announced their end of year financial performance for our bonuses, finished my taxes last night, and for the forseeable future there will be plenty of overtime. I lost all willpower and pre-ordered a D500. :chargrined::rolleyes::cool:
My order was replaced when the annual bonus hit the bank account a few weeks ago. I am so stoked about high iso performance, better focusing, and 200 shots. I was shooting Harriers and Short Eared Owls in a snow flurry awhile back and really needed the D500. Just think about waking up and getting your bird shots at dawn. I know guys that only shoot birds under perfect conditions and that's not me.

mauckcg

My order was replaced when the annual bonus hit the bank account a few weeks ago. I am so stoked about high iso performance, better focusing, and 200 shots. I was shooting Harriers and Short Eared Owls in a snow flurry awhile back and really needed the D500. Just think about waking up and getting your bird shots at dawn. I know guys that only shoot birds under perfect conditions and that's not me.

Focusing should be better than my D750, which was more accurate at night than the D7100 at ISO 1600 and 3200 in varying night lighting conditions. 10 FPS. No guestimating my timing for the 6 or 7 frames i get before the buffer is full. Less pictures getting what I want over all, and better controlled noise at lower ISO's along with better high ISO performance than the D7100.