Nikon 50mm f1.8G lens thread

Re: Confession of a shopaholic

The great thing about it is that she was with me. She was actually surprised since this is one of the cheapest lens that I've purchased. So she thought it was a bargain too. LOL!

My wife is pretty good about my transgressions in NAS. That is why I have kept her for 38 years.

Whiskeyman

Great shot, Glenn. So good, in fact, that now I've got dog drool on the back side of my computer monitor's screen!

Are you using any focusing aids? What focusing technique(s) are you employing?

WM

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Great shot, Glenn. So good, in fact, that now I've got dog drool on the back side of my computer monitor's screen!

Are you using any focusing aids? What focusing technique(s) are you employing?

WM

Thanks WM. Believe it or not, since the dog was about 12 inches tall, I set my AF to AUTO 51 point focus and snapped away several shots without looking at the view finder or using live view. It was more of a paparazzi shot but it came out nice. :D

oldsalt

I'm seriously thinking of getting a 50mm f1.2 ... way back in the late 60's/early 70's I always lusted after one but couldn't afford it ... but now I can and I do like manual focus (old school I know but that's the way I am) soooo I'm very close to succumbing to a dose of NAS.
I guess if I don't use it that much it doesn't really matter as it will make a wonderful paperweight in my office and remind me of my youth... I just love the look of that big chunk of glass......
cheers

gqtuazon

Gear Head

I'm seriously thinking of getting a 50mm f1.2 ... way back in the late 60's/early 70's I always lusted after one but couldn't afford it ... but now I can and I do like manual focus (old school I know but that's the way I am) soooo I'm very close to succumbing to a dose of NAS.
I guess if I don't use it that much it doesn't really matter as it will make a wonderful paperweight in my office and remind me of my youth... I just love the look of that big chunk of glass......
cheers

I can get a 50mm f1.2 Ai for less than $400 in my area and around $2,300. for the 58mm f1.2 NOCT.

I think Marcel has the 50mm f1.2. Those lenses are definitely considered old school classic in my book.

aroy

I can get a 50mm f1.2 Ai for less than $400 in my area and around $2,300. for the 58mm f1.2 NOCT.

I think Marcel has the 50mm f1.2. Those lenses are definitely considered old school classic in my book.
Is that for a new 50mm f1.2?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

I have a 55 1.2 AIS, got it for $300.00 Cnd

gqtuazon

Gear Head
This lens proved to be the right FL for this type of event. I might start using this lens again. :D

Commissioning ceremony from Enlisted to Chief Warrant Officer.

CW02 Tim Hicks 006.jpg

CW02 Tim Hicks 020.jpg

CW02 Tim Hicks 042.jpg

Old Deep Sea Diver

I have a Nikon D800E and bought one of these NIB for about $110 plus tax - great little lens, fast focus and sharp, and for a 100 bucks you can't go wrong. the F4 was 3 times that much, and there isn't any discernable quality difference. Plus I bought a BR2a reversing ring and the shots are amazing. Nothing like a 3K body and a 100 lens to irritate the photo snobs :). recently bought a 200mm F4 1:4D NIB for learning macro, but reversing lenses is still more fun with some amazing results. If you get a reversing ring for this lens, or to resurrect some old glass, get the nikon BR2a , as the br2 will destroy the contacts, and can be used safely on all the cameras, and don't cheap out for a plastic one or some off make, i have seen several lenses damaged due to this. It's only about 50 bucks too!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk