Exposure1/5000 sec
Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length16 mm
ISO Speed100
Exposure Bias-1 EV

8348576962_295fc5c89d_b.jpg

daredevil123

Thanks Rick M!

Here are a couple more I shot with the 16-35. It is one of my go-to lenses for Photojournalistic work.

8380218868_1575bf54a7_b.jpg

8267423486_c625a2955e_b.jpg

8266353027_5612d3c90d_b.jpg

8239358249_ec98eb259d_b.jpg

Last edited:

daredevil123

Now I am getting more excited about taking this lens to Africa :)

GREAT PHOTOS Dare.

Thank you sir! One thing about using a UWA, you usually have to move very close in. so that the surrounding elements fill the frame. For wildlife I would think this is not ideal. For scenes like a crowded market, or if you are in the middle of a ritual/festival in a tribe, this lens will be awesome. Remember to turn on the VR if you are handholding.

Scott Murray

Thank you sir! One thing about using a UWA, you usually have to move very close in. so that the surrounding elements fill the frame. For wildlife I would think this is not ideal. For scenes like a crowded market, or if you are in the middle of a ritual/festival in a tribe, this lens will be awesome. Remember to turn on the VR if you are handholding.

Thanks Dare, for wildlife I have my 80-400mm VR and yep VR will be on both most of the time. Actually I tend to forget to turn it off when using a tripod or steadying it via beanbag etc. Need to focus on that as I dont want to miss a shot due to me being blasai.

daveg

If I tell you I will have to shoot you?;)

DG

P.S. Nikonites have now allowed me to post so watch this space.

P.P.S Impressive Pics Silven!!

Last edited:

NVSteve

For those of you who own this lens, have any of you found a padded lens case that will fit the lens with hood reversed? By that, I mean a fairly snug fit. I honestly don't understand why it is always so difficult to locate a lens case that actually fits a lens properly.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
For those of you who own this lens, have any of you found a padded lens case that will fit the lens with hood reversed? By that, I mean a fairly snug fit. I honestly don't understand why it is always so difficult to locate a lens case that actually fits a lens properly.

I have not encounter a need for a stand alone padded lens case, but if I do, I can always use the case for the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

NVSteve

I knew I should have thrown a bit more info in my post. I typically only shoot local events with the lens attached to the camera. When it comes to hiking, backpacking or non-local travel, I tend to bring at least 2 lenses with me. I don't use the ridiculous photo specific daypacks/backpacks, but instead rely on actual/functional packs. That being said, if I have an extra lens or two along, they are inside of a padded lens case inside my pack. I have about 5 different sizes of padded lens cases at home, but none of them will fit the 16-35 with the hood. I won't use the included Nikon lens pouch because it won't provide any type of padded protection. I must be in the minority since most photo forums have posts from people who use those photo backpacks, with essentially no discussion on using padded lens cases as a better (in my case) alternative. I looked at a few of the mfr sites (Tamrac, Lowepro, etc) and their fitment guides are for the lens only, without the hood. Someone needs to go onto Kickstarter and offer up an adjustable padded lens case.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I knew I should have thrown a bit more info in my post. I typically only shoot local events with the lens attached to the camera. When it comes to hiking, backpacking or non-local travel, I tend to bring at least 2 lenses with me. I don't use the ridiculous photo specific daypacks/backpacks, but instead rely on actual/functional packs. That being said, if I have an extra lens or two along, they are inside of a padded lens case inside my pack. I have about 5 different sizes of padded lens cases at home, but none of them will fit the 16-35 with the hood. I won't use the included Nikon lens pouch because it won't provide any type of padded protection. I must be in the minority since most photo forums have posts from people who use those photo backpacks, with essentially no discussion on using padded lens cases as a better (in my case) alternative. I looked at a few of the mfr sites (Tamrac, Lowepro, etc) and their fitment guides are for the lens only, without the hood. Someone needs to go onto Kickstarter and offer up an adjustable padded lens case.

I think the hood for the Nikon 16-35mm f4 provides very little use in shading the lens. The lens itself has a very good resistance to lens flare so I don't use it. The lens hood for the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 is far more superior.

Anyway, this might fit the bill.

Lens Case 11 x 14cm Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases

NVSteve

I think the hood for the Nikon 16-35mm f4 provides very little use in shading the lens. The lens itself has a very good resistance to lens flare so I don't use it. The lens hood for the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 is far more superior.

I'll have to try it out with and without the hood then. Thanks for that tidbit.

Scott Murray

I have used it with and with out and am unsure if I remember seeing a difference. I may do an experiment on my days off to see if there is a difference.