Newbie with a newbie question: How to get Date Stamp to show on images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

There is a need for an imprinted date and time. When I was working on site, I used to have to go and take photos of the site I was quoting. The production department really appreciated it on there. They could look at a glance as to what date I quoted the job. So, there is a need in certain circumstances.

aroy

Nikon supports date stamp on images only in jpeg. So if you need both the RAW and the date stamped image shoot RAW+jpeg, with "print date" enabled.

Janene Mcgeorge

Say someone was following you and you had to prove this at a police station or in court what time and the date how would I go about getting the date and time on the photo when it's printed I've got a Nikon D1300 thanks

Horoscope Fish

Say someone was following you and you had to prove this at a police station or in court what time and the date how would I go about getting the date and time on the photo when it's printed I've got a Nikon D1300 thanks
Press the MENU button.
Select Setup (the wrench icon).
Select "Date Imprint" and set it to "ON".

aroy

Press the MENU button.
Select Setup (the wrench icon).
Select "Date Imprint" and set it to "ON".

That will work as long as you shoot jpeg. Other wise if you shoot RAW or have forgotten to set the date print, use a software (plenty on the net) which will superimpose the date from EXIF data on to your print.

Unlike film, where once developed you could not tamper with it easily, with digital cameras you can easily add data to the print. With EXIF editors you can even change the EXIF data. That is why for forensic evidence they check the image file for any trace of editing.

photobug

Date stamp is required for photos submitted as evidence, at least that's what most of my old photos were used for, in a court scenario. Some older people also want a date on them to remind themselves when the photo was taken and are not technically savvy as yourself.

Danno

Taking pics for my parents of their grandchild (my son) and they want dates on all the printed pics.

If you want the date to show It is in the menu as outlined by another member... by @Stusid explained, but I have another suggestion. I do it on the photos I take for my church. It helps me with the stuff print to a disc. I change the Name of the file to include the date. If you folks are putting these on a computer it might help them keep them organized by age. I use a simple date Year month day, 20160101, and it sorts them by date pretty quickly.

You will love the D3200 if you are just getting started in this adventure. I just upgraded from one of those in December. Lots of good information on YouTube on set up.

The original poster posted this 2 years ago and has not been around since so I don't think there is any reason to answer his question any more. I am going to go ahead and close this thread so as to not confuse anyone anymore.

And as far as putting the date stamp on the face of a photo I can see it for photos of the kids especially when sending the photos to the grandparents But it would need to be an easy feature to turn on and off.

Thread closed and I got the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.