New NIK Collection 2 on sale

BackdoorArts

Thanks, Pete. LOL. Thanks, Jake. I'm thinking of upgrading my computer before too long, then I will probably have to give Topaz products a try.

LOL - you almost got me. I'm currently debating between a new MacBook Pro or an iMac. There's a thread from a couple months ago where someone (maybe Horoscope Fish?) detailed the cost of upgrading the HD and RAM on a base level vs. having apple do it and it almost makes the lack of portability worth it. I don't travel much any more but when I do it's a couple weeks at a time and I'd like to be able to work on them in the now instead of when I get home. This 2014 MacBook isn't dead but it's tired.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
LOL - you almost got me. I'm currently debating between a new MacBook Pro or an iMac. There's a thread from a couple months ago where someone (maybe Horoscope Fish?) detailed the cost of upgrading the HD and RAM on a base level vs. having apple do it and it almost makes the lack of portability worth it. I don't travel much any more but when I do it's a couple weeks at a time and I'd like to be able to work on them in the now instead of when I get home. This 2014 MacBook isn't dead but it's tired.

If I remember correctly, it was Whiskeyman - and it was very good info. Can your current MacBook have any additional RAM installed, or does it have the full amount? Would be nice if you could figure out a way to keep it going while also getting an iMac. That would allow you to take it on trips.

BackdoorArts

If I remember correctly, it was Whiskeyman - and it was very good info. Can your current MacBook have any additional RAM installed, or does it have the full amount? Would be nice if you could figure out a way to keep it going while also getting an iMac. That would allow you to take it on trips.

Everything in the MacBook is soldered by design - you need them to do the work for you. I'd go back to Windows but I'm experiencing what other Mac users have in the past - you get so invested in the brand that to move back costs you time and money. I need to do the math again, but not today. LOL