New Group has been added for the D300 Fans and I hope you'll join!

Blacktop

You and me both buddy! You and me both! Lol :D

Let's think about this for a minute.
Let's say we all had a D800, or even a 610. What could us hobbyists do with a D4 that we couldn't do with a 610 or even a D300 for that matter.
We're not shooting for a high fashion magazine, or shooting super models or concerts and such.

It's nice to think about owning that type of gear, but when it really comes down to it, if I had 6-7 thousand dollars to spend, I don't think I would blow it on a D4/D4s.

pedroj

Let's think about this for a minute.
Let's say we all had a D800, or even a 610. What could us hobbyists do with a D4 that we couldn't do with a 610 or even a D300 for that matter.
We're not shooting for a high fashion magazine, or shooting super models or concerts and such.

It's nice to think about owning that type of gear, but when it really comes down to it, if I had 6-7 thousand dollars to spend, I don't think I would blow it on a D4/D4s.

I'm talking about the world after a large lottery win...If I had the D800 I would have to upgrade my computer and storage..Would almost cost as much as a D4

yosser

The high end pro bodies don't really do much more than the best consumer cameras, they'll just take a beating and better weather sealing. You'd cry if you saw what I used to do with my cameras! lol But at the end of the day getting the image is the important thing when you're a pro. When doing football I'd have 2 Canon 1Dmk3's round my neck, one with a 70-200 the other with a wide, then another over my shoulder with the 400mm on a monopod. At the start of the game we'd go and shoot the managers coming out then run back to our spots before kick off, cameras banging against each other and into other togs! lol A few times I had the 400 lens down topple over and the camera crash into the ground but they can take it, do that with much else and you'd need a bag to put the bits in! lol So in answer to what you could do with a D4 over a D800 is you can drop the D4 :) OH and what's this D300 setup guide someone mentioned?