New Gear Thread!

Will V|Photography

My bag came in and I packed it up on Sunday. I love it! It's super comfortable and fits everything nicely, with movable dividers to make room for a growing collection. With the tripod in the side-mount I feel like I'm going on expedition. :D Let's see how it holds up after 3 flights and 5 days in West Virginia. I'll have a full-on review after that next week.

Also, I'll have my new triggers on Thursday. I can't wait to get into some strobing. I'm hoping it snows, I already have ideas brewing in my mind...

NikonThom

Santa was great to me! My best friend gave me a used Mamiya RB67 with two backs, prism finder and 90mm lens! I've always wanted one, and he knew it. He also converted an old Polaroid 110A folding camera into a 4X5 camera. I already have a great old Crown Graphic, but this is a "take along" 4X5! I sure wish I was gifted as he is when it comes to building and modifying things! I can't wait to get some camera time, and soup the negs I get with them! Digital is great, and I am sure glad it is here... but I still enjoy the film side too!

Mike150

Today I bit the bullet. I went to adorama and ordered a new SB-700.
That was at 9 AM. A couple hours ago I got an email that the product is being shipped this evening. Just a short trip from New Jersay to Virginia. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Now I know some of you remember me saying I wasn't going to budget camera equipment for this year, but I got volunteered to take photos at a wedding. The couple are good friends of my son and don't have a lot of money. He and my wife conspired to volunteer me. I agreed but only if I could get a decent flash... Now my only problem is to figure out how to photograph a wedding...

ZekeMenuar

I found a refurb AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR - Nikon Product Database priced so low I couldn't resist.

Bought this lens at the same time. AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G - Nikon Product Database . Frankly I'm underwhelmed with it. I should have got something else or saved my money.

I bought two Hoya Pro ND 1.2 filters for waterfalls.
Stopped by the local welding supply store and bought two pieces of welding glass. A #10 and a #13.
I can go to over 20 stops if needed. Hoping to get to the hills to try it out.

Rick M

I found a refurb AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR - Nikon Product Database priced so low I couldn't resist.

Bought this lens at the same time. AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G - Nikon Product Database . Frankly I'm underwhelmed with it. I should have got something else or saved my money.

I bought two Hoya Pro ND 1.2 filters for waterfalls.
Stopped by the local welding supply store and bought two pieces of welding glass. A #10 and a #13.
I can go to over 20 stops if needed. Hoping to get to the hills to try it out.

I had the 35 1.8, wasn't that impressed and used rarely. I sold it and got the 40mm micro, more versatile and in my opinion, it is sharper.

Mike150

Congrats Mike, good luck with the wedding! Can't blame the lighting now :).

What a bummer. I checked the UPS tracking number and my new SB700 is only 15 miles from my house. Too bad UPS isn't open this evening or tomorrow. I have to wait until Monday morning. At least I am having it delivered to work so once UPS shows up, no more work for me.

Mike150

SB-700 finally arrived. Thanks UPS. Now I can't wait to go play with it. I'm even tempted to leave work early... Hmmm we'll see what the afternoon brings.