New flash advice?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
did you ever use the YN 568 with the YN 622?

Yes and it seems to do just as you say. The display on the YN568 doesn't change with the 622. It has been awhile, so I don't remember the particulars. If I get a chance later, I will play and see what I find.

bikeit

Ok Ok i now have the flash set to TTL and the YN622 set to M i can make changes at the YN622 unit and it takes effect at the flash ie increase, decrease power output thanks a lot to all who took th time to respond. maybe some new speed-lights from santa ya never know?

Horoscope Fish

Ok Ok i now have the flash set to TTL and the YN622 set to M i can make changes at the YN622 unit and it takes effect at the flash ie increase, decrease power output ...
Right... That's the proper configuration for manual flash using a Yongnuo flash and trigger combination.

But I thought your issue was that the flash output level did not display on the flash itself; which still doesn't happen even when configured as I suggested. *confused look*

bikeit

It still does not show the output level, but after reading all the info above thats the way it is when using that combo ?

Horoscope Fish

It still does not show the output level, but after reading all the info above thats the way it is when using that combo ?
That's correct. The flash is in TTL mode, the 622 is in Manual. You control the output from the 622 and that's where the flash output settings are displayed.

bikeit

That's correct. The flash is in TTL mode, the 622 is in Manual. You control the output from the 622 and that's where the flash output settings are displayed.
Cheers Horoscope fish thanks for your help. again. do you use any other lighting for photos or only speedlights?

bikeit

untitled-3.jpg

bikeit

Guys its hard to find a UK retailer that has the YN568 in stock they all have the YN968 in stock for a small amount more, anyone know what the difference is between the two flash guns, i believe the YN968 is the replacement for the YN568..

Horoscope Fish

Guys its hard to find a UK retailer that has the YN568 in stock they all have the YN968 in stock for a small amount more, anyone know what the difference is between the two flash guns, i believe the YN968 is the replacement for the YN568..
The current Yongnuo 968ex is a Canon compatible flash. A Nikon compatible version of this flash will probably be released later.