New Errors since DB failure.

Frands

@jdeg,
Sadly there is still Database failures and the forum is slow sometimes. The top 10 stats is loading pretty slow and now and then the site shows up in a wrong way. I'll make some screenprints if needed. My Malwarebytes anti-malware sometimes blocks the site,- maybe because of some Google adds:confused:

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Things spiked again about an hour ago and I had to reset - this is probably why some of you got errors.

I'm still working on things, so if you see some weirdness attribute it to me putting in a 1 where there should be a 0. beep boob boob beep beep

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Am I the only one still having problems with what was my favorite site - Nikonites???

1. Real slow loading (none of my other sites are slow)
2. Trying to view Snaphappy's photos locks up my P/C
3. Now I cannot view the photos in my gallery.

I've done everything, cleared cookies, cleared cache and also the DNS cache. What else can I do?

I'm using FireFox. Any other FF users having problems?

nickt

Am I the only one still having problems with what was my favorite site - Nikonites???

1. Real slow loading (none of my other sites are slow)
2. Trying to view Snaphappy's photos locks up my P/C
3. Now I cannot view the photos in my gallery.

I've done everything, cleared cookies, cleared cache and also the DNS cache. What else can I do?

I'm using FireFox. Any other FF users having problems?
Have you tried restarting ff with add-ons disabled? Its under Help. If that works, you may have a addon that's not playing nice. I've been having general trouble with ff lately. Some major sites sometimes not fully loading for me although Nikonites has been ok other than sometimes very slow. The restart without add-ons helped me get to the sites I had problems with yesterday. Its an intermittent problem for me so I am not looking forward to troubleshooting it. When I'm ready to lose all my customizations and plugins, I'll probably try a FF reset.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Have you tried restarting ff with add-ons disabled? Its under Help. If that works, you may have a addon that's not playing nice. I've been having general trouble with ff lately. Some major sites sometimes not fully loading for me although Nikonites has been ok other than sometimes very slow. The restart without add-ons helped me get to the sites I had problems with yesterday. Its an intermittent problem for me so I am not looking forward to troubleshooting it. When I'm ready to lose all my customizations and plugins, I'll probably try a FF reset.

I did a FF reset and that did not work. It kept all of my plug-ins though. I can see my photos using the restart without add-ons and it's really slow.

pictaker64

Its slow for me,using google Chrome,but managable,I can see all pics.....I think theres a server move in the works,what he has now isnt cutting it,for the traffic..hang in there,I am sure he will work it out

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Last night I was able to see images, but right now, I cannot. All add-in and plug-ins are disabled.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Its slow for me,using google Chrome,but managable,I can see all pics.....I think theres a server move in the works,what he has now isnt cutting it,for the traffic..hang in there,I am sure he will work it out

Correct - I have (unfortunately) another move in the works. It's going to take a couple weeks to get things setup though. This time we'll have more than enough power!

nickt

Last night I was able to see images, but right now, I cannot. All add-in and plug-ins are disabled.

Is the little wheel or refresh icon next to the address bar spinning when you have these problems? Any messages appear on the very bottom left of the FF window and stay there? Things like 'waiting for nikonites', 'waiting for [whatever]', etc usually flash by as pages load. I'm wondering if some message stays there while you are having problems. I don't have any ideas, but maybe something will come to me.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
try refreshing page when your on it,see if they come up...

Tried that, nothing not even a little box.

Is the little wheel or refresh icon next to the address bar spinning when you have these problems? Any messages appear on the very bottom left of the FF window and stay there? Things like 'waiting for nikonites', 'waiting for [whatever]', etc usually flash by as pages load. I'm wondering if some message stays there while you are having problems. I don't have any ideas, but maybe something will come to me.

No, nothing.

It seems strange to me that I seem to be the only one with the problem. It's really frustrating!!!!!!!!

Scott Murray

Tried that, nothing not even a little box.

No, nothing.

It seems strange to me that I seem to be the only one with the problem. It's really frustrating!!!!!!!!

I am having issues posting from ie 11 from work. I have resorted to looking via my iPad. I think we just have to be patient with John and his move to a new server. I am sure once that is done all will be fine. Are you using chrome? As that seems to work the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am having issues posting from ie 11 from work. I have resorted to looking via my iPad. I think we just have to be patient with John and his move to a new server. I am sure once that is done all will be fine. Are you using chrome? As that seems to work the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, FireFox.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The strange thing is the server performance shouldn't have anything to do with loading images. Most of the images and static scripts are offloaded to another server.