Needa's Dreadful Depictions!

Needa

Challenge Team
A local church in the same neighborhood.

71D_6781.jpg

Last edited:

Clovishound

I paid within a few cents of that price for gas as a teenager. There were two competing stations in town that had very tall signs with the price of their gas on them. When they were having gas wars, they would leave a ladder up all day so they could change the price if the other station lowered the price. I remember paying 24.9 for it once. That was my 1965 Mustang. Wish I still had it.

Needa

Challenge Team
I paid within a few cents of that price for gas as a teenager. There were two competing stations in town that had very tall signs with the price of their gas on them. When they were having gas wars, they would leave a ladder up all day so they could change the price if the other station lowered the price. I remember paying 24.9 for it once. That was my 1965 Mustang. Wish I still had it.

I too can remember paying 25 cents per gallon during price wars, the normal price being 43.9 cents. Would need to drive to the next town over to get the lower price, they didn't have the more competitive prices out in the sticks. At the time, early 70's I would have been driving a 1964 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe. My favorite Mustang is a 1969 fastback.

Last edited:

Peter7100

I too can remember paying 25 cents per gallon during price wars, the normal price being 43.9 cents. Would need to drive to the next town over to get the lower price, they didn't have the more competitive prices out in the sticks. At the time, early 70's I would have been driving a 1964 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe. My favorite Mustang is a 1969 fastback.

I just paid £8.95 ($11.75) a gallon today :(, albeit it was the better grade diesel but still a ridiculous price.

Clovishound

If this is a convenient place to get to, I would suggest filming early morning. Run up and down the road when it's dry to kick up the dust, and the sun peaking through the branches will give you rays of light. Early morning fog should give a similar effect, but the dust is more easily obtained.

This is not a great example, but should give you the idea.

DSC_0167.jpg

Needa

Challenge Team
This one for me. The road looks like it goes further than the other two.
Thanks Marilynnne .Good point, less compression used shorter focal length

This one for me as I prefer the prespective and it has the road disappearing in the centre of the frame. I'm not sure thought about the road sign as I might be tempted to erase it.
Thanks Peter. Not really keepers just some practice should I get another better opportunity the sign would probably go.

If this is a convenient place to get to, I would suggest filming early morning. Run up and down the road when it's dry to kick up the dust, and the sun peaking through the branches will give you rays of light. Early morning fog should give a similar effect, but the dust is more easily obtained.

This is not a great example, but should give you the idea.
They were just images of opportunity somewhere between here and there, shot from the interstate on a hill to get above a fence that blocked the view. Dust, fog and early morning all good ideas to keep in mind if given the opportunity.

Thanks again everyone.