Needa's 52 Sciolistic Picture Thread 2017

Needa

Challenge Team
Guitar in morning sun light and shadows.

_71D0713_01.jpg

_71D0714_01.jpg

_71D0716_01.jpg

Happened on this scene, didn't really do it justice. The owner was kind enough to leave it there while I shot a few frames.

Needa

Challenge Team
_71D1382_01.jpg

Satin Leaf Tree

_71D1404.jpg

When the wind blows the tree turns from green to golden brown when the under side of the leaves are exposed. Have shot this tree many times trying to get both side of some leaves. Best attempt to date.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
How are you faring so far Jeff? Just getting rain here now. Haven't been outside yet, but must not be much since folks are coming in fairly dry after walking their dogs.

Think I'll take a walk outside now with my Nikon AW110.

Stay safe.

Needa

Challenge Team
How are you faring so far Jeff? Just getting rain here now. Haven't been outside yet, but must not be much since folks are coming in fairly dry after walking their dogs.

Think I'll take a walk outside now with my Nikon AW110.

Stay safe.

Every one here well. Have poke my head out between squalls. Still quite windy if the local palms are any indication.

Thanks for asking. How is every one doing on your end?

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Every one here well. Have poke my head out between squalls. Still quite windy if the local palms are any indication.

Thanks for asking. How is every one doing on your end?

Really windy and lots of rain. Still have power at the hotel. Taken a few hits and came back on every tme.

Needa

Challenge Team
Post Irma neighborhood scenes, the clean up and repairs continue.

_71D1545.jpg

_71D1553.jpg

Typical neighborhood street. it may be six months before it is removed.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Looks like the front of my house Jeff. We were given a six-eight week estimate for removal two weeks ago. Wonder where they're gonna put the five foot diameter tree when it's removed from our roof.

People up here would love to have it for firewood! ;) Most likely it will be chipped. We had 8-9 cedar trees and 2 oak trees cut down in one day. They used a chipper and got all of them cut up (can't remember if they had to leave and dump a load though). Glad all of you down there are able to start getting cleaned up although we all wish repairs would be instantaneous! Sorry you have to go through this.

Needa

Challenge Team
Looks like the front of my house Jeff. We were given a six-eight week estimate for removal two weeks ago. Wonder where they're gonna put the five foot diameter tree when it's removed from our roof.

Had I known I could have asked you to pose with it. :rolleyes:

Needa

Challenge Team
People up here would love to have it for firewood! ;) Most likely it will be chipped. We had 8-9 cedar trees and 2 oak trees cut down in one day. They used a chipper and got all of them cut up (can't remember if they had to leave and dump a load though). Glad all of you down there are able to start getting cleaned up although we all wish repairs would be instantaneous! Sorry you have to go through this.

Most of our wood makes poor firewood. Had two huge trees removed several years ago same deal they chipped everything. Glad they were gone or I might be like Marilynne with a tree on the house.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Most of our wood makes poor firewood. Had two huge trees removed several years ago same deal they chipped everything. Glad they were gone or I might be like Marilynne with a tree on the house.

It was the only tree that wasn't trimmed two weeks before the hurricane. It's a ficus tree. Good for woodturning if any one wants some.