Need tripod advice

Bukitimah

I have a Vanguard espod plus 203 ab tripod. It is light weight and I like it. However it's head cannot hold my 70-300 mm lens or when I need to tilt the camera. The tripod also shake a little.
I bought a Fancier WF593bh head thinking it will hold better. But the head cannot fit onto the leg!

I was thinking of buying another leg to fit the Fancier head but am worry it they match. I hope someone can advise me here. 2 particular legs attract my attention. They are:

1) Manfrotto 190 Prob
2) Cullmann Magic 2

Thank you for your advice

fotojack

Re: Need advice

Your Fancier looks like a pretty good tripod to me. Looks very sturdy and solid. And that WF593bh head looks pretty substantial. It should fit on your tripod no problem. What size is the mounting stud? You may have to get the adapter stud to fit the head, but I see no problem with that combination.

I have to admit.......the Cullman tripod looks pretty interesting. Unique design. Might be worth looking into. It's certainly affordable.

Last edited:

Bukitimah

Re: Need advice

I have more or less decided to go for manfrotto. However, I got confused with so many models they are carrying. Their 190 series has 'B' 'X Pro' 'CB', etc. Is there somewhere we can read up?