Need personal opinions

sonicbuffalo_RIP

@rocketman122......I think you underpricing as well. Charge them reasonably but sufficiently. You should definitely get compensated well for your work. It IS work to pp and your time taking the shots and organizing them. Don't feel a bit guilty.

Wolfeye

Well, here's my take on it. The photos are ok, but they aren't really much more than sharp and well exposed. You didn't pose them or anything, right? Natural light? The background is what it is, but with that much DOF it looks - unprofessional. To charge, for such work, is disingenuous, if you ask me. But if they are willing to pay it, because they want good, sharp images of their participation versus smartphone pics, then you have met a need.

rocketman122

Well, here's my take on it. The photos are ok, but they aren't really much more than sharp and well exposed. You didn't pose them or anything, right? Natural light? The background is what it is, but with that much DOF it looks - unprofessional. To charge, for such work, is disingenuous, if you ask me. But if they are willing to pay it, because they want good, sharp images of their participation versus smartphone pics, then you have met a need.

Actually they were doing the posing hahaha
I was given an area to stand and had to shot from there so it is what it is. At 200mm i could only do 3/4 body zoomed in. Not even half body. But there werent any other photogs and the best they got were friends with smartphone shooting so a much higher level. What dof are you talking about? Shot at 3.5 to 4. Stage is small. Thats tbe situation i had. First time shooting bb competition and i think it came out great. Sure i can hone it down next times i go. 30 bucks is a decent amoubt for 50 pics. Some a bit more some less. More or less.
@sonicbuffalo I just dont want to give it for free. Its appreciated more when you pay even a small amoubt. Time to edit also took as well cheers