My South African Photo Safari

Lawrence

DSC_1785.jpg

Lawrence

Bored yet?
Better not be - this is all still day 1 in the hide.

When processing this one I realised it would have been much better if I got the snout in the water - oh well it is what it is and I hope it gives you an idea how close we were. If you look in her eye you will see how small the pond is and the opening we were in (might have to know what you are looking for to recognise it)

DSC_1758.jpg

Iansky

Wow, what a stunning set of images and those low level hides rally make the difference and allow some superb captures.

Thanks for sharing these and I look forward to more from your trip.

Lawrence

Let's move away from the hides and birds - I'll do th rest over time and post any good ones here.
but for now a very rare sighting indeed.
Within two minutes of leaving the lodge for our first game drive we came across a pack of 9 wild dogs. These are very elusive animals and not often seen.
This one had beautiful colouring.

_1000268.jpg

TKC_D500

Sadly not mine. The tour guide lent it to me for the day.
And the tour owner (a friend of mine) lent me a D750 for the entire trip. I didn't use it often as I was too afraid of something going wrong with it and I would need to replace it.
The combination of my D7100 and my 80-200 f2.8 was perfect in almost every situation we came across.

I'll post another just for fun .

View attachment 269219

Really enjoying the photos so far!

On a side note, I need better friends! Not one of mine has offered to loan Me a D750 and 500mm f/4!!