My ideal tripod choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman122

ive had my 12 year bogen 3221 and 3038 head for the longest time. its more than what I need. if I need to weigh it down I use my camera bag or flash bag. I havent even used a tripod in the longest time. havent needed one. I dont see any reason to spend more than $150 for a pair of legs and ball head today. anything over than amount and the gains are (maybe) in the 1-5% increase in performance.

Danno

Thank you buddy.:)

I'm not really wanting to go simi-pro. I was just trying to figure out something to help my housing situation. Nothing will really help that out. But once I feel stable, I will try to take more photos in memory of my beloved.:)

I look forward to seeing them... I really think that might help you more than you think... It will help you keep her memory alive in photos that she will inspire.

God bless Bill

Dan

Bill16

I've come to understand I was using the tripod buy to escape my pain of loss if even just for awhile..........something good to look forward to, and to use of course.......

Last edited:

Bill16

The ARCA SWISS Z1 DP ball head I bought for the tripod should be here tomorrow. I will decide what to do with it after it gets here.

Danno

I've come to understand I was using the tripod buy to escape my pain of loss if even just for awhile..........something good to look forward to, and to use of course.......

Grief hits us all in different ways. We look for something to fill that whole in our heart left by the loss. Nothing here will do that Bill. It takes time and we need to try not to allow our grief to be to self destructive. Still praying for you. You can always give me a shout. Dan

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
The ARCA SWISS Z1 DP ball head I bought for the tripod should be here tomorrow. I will decide what to do with it after it gets here.

Can you return it? It seems that you should be able to do that and get most if not all of your money back. That would be what I would do if it was my decision.

Bill16

Buying the tripod wouldn't be self distructive buddy, but it would be impractical.:)

Grief hits us all in different ways. We look for something to fill that whole in our heart left by the loss. Nothing here will do that Bill. It takes time and we need to try not to allow our grief to be to self destructive. Still praying for you. You can always give me a shout. Dan

Danno

Buying the tripod wouldn't be self distructive buddy, but it would be impractical.:)

You are right Bill, I should have been more specific... I was not singling out the tripod. I was talking about the pain of grief and loss in general and how it can impact us. Sorry for not being more clear.

Bill16

I haven't decided yet. After thinking about it, I realized I can use it with or without a new tripod.
It is an improvement on my current ball heads, and I can put one of the old heads on my monopod if I decide to go that way..

Can you return it? It seems that you should be able to do that and get most if not all of your money back. That would be what I would do if it was my decision.

Bill16

No worries buddy, I knew you meant well my friend.:)

You are right Bill, I should have been more specific... I was not singling out the tripod. I was talking about the pain of grief and loss in general and how it can impact us. Sorry for not being more clear.

Bill16

After a friend posted a comment directed at me today, I am now undecided on what I will do with my tax return money.

Status
Not open for further replies.