My gear is just tooo heavy to use

Nikon78

40 years ago, I didn't think about a camera's weight. As the years passed physical limitations began to make themselves known. When that happens if you want to continue with photography, you make adjustments. I found that I cannot carry a heavy camera with chronic neck pain, so I chose to use a smaller, lighter body.
This is something anyone could face in the future.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Thanks for as the responses to my little rant, I now know it's not just me that thinks this way :)

No worries. Whenever I do a studio shoot in a different location with my strobes, light stands, extension cords, backdrops, tripods, and my camera bag, the total combined weight can be around 70 lbs. Thank goodness for bags with wheels. :)

40 years ago, I didn't think about a camera's weight. As the years passed physical limitations began to make themselves known. When that happens if you want to continue with photography, you make adjustments. I found that I cannot carry a heavy camera with chronic neck pain, so I chose to use a smaller, lighter body.
This is something anyone could face in the future.

I can relate to your experience which is why I also have a point and shoot. Pain meds are a must for me if I want to carry my heavy equipment.

Blade Canyon

I also like the Black Rapid strap, and found that if you put your belt over the rear strap (thus locking the rear strap behind the pant's belt loop at 3 o'clock), it's much more stable.

The front strap stays clear so you can bring your camera up fast as you please, but the camera doesn't swing around so much when it's hanging.

Nikon78

I considered the Black Rapid strap, but chose the Op Tech cross shoulder strap. The Black Rapid strap uses the tripod socket and Op Tech does not. I find the cross shoulder carry a much better way to carry a camera for extended periods of time.

Laverne

aroy

Camera gear too heavy!!! Seriously?? Gawd!! Get rid of it...buy a point & shoot. Problem solved.

Why weigh yourself down. Use the cell phone. That is ultralight, and any way you will be carrying it! Jokes apart, I find that if the light is right and the distance short, a cell phone does the job admirably.

Where it does not work, I got the D3300. With the kit lense it is as light as the SB700 flash (one reason I stopped using external flash recently)