"My" D850 is in (should I decide to accept)

SHAkers718

Thank you all for your input. I could hear my own internal debate being articulated by all of you. I agreed with everybody! I did feel like there were more saying hold off than go for it, and that also reflected my own feelings. HOWEVER, my husband picked me up after work and we drove right over there because they had my used lenses for evaluation, gave me a little extra discount on the extended warranty too (which is transferable) and I did it. I bought it. I had had no luck trying to sell those DX lenses that were just collecting dust on my own and the trade brought the price down to a more palatable level.

Honestly, even driving home with it I was still considering that maybe I would just turn around and see what would happen if I listed it on eBay. I saw that one sold today for $4600. Maybe I'd make enough profit that it would make up for the fact that I lost money on the DX lenses I traded. (Somehow that didn't feel right though -- taking it with no intention of using it instead of letting someone else have the opportunity). I didn't even open the box until about noon today. My husband had rented the 85 1.4G for me and convinced me that I owed it to myself to at least try the full frame. I think he just wanted to get me enthused for a photo adventure, so off we went to Park City. The FIRST thing I noticed was the clarity of the Viewfinder. The diopter correction goes to right where I need it to. This has been something I've struggled with, glasses on, or off with a purchased diopter correction lens, that still wasn't quite right. Unfortunately my right eye is worse than my left eye.

I shot jpeg standard only today, just to keep things simple and quick once I got home.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
::what:: NO!! Just,... NO!

WM
Yeah ... so much of the extra detail that gets picked up in the newer bodies is lost once the image is saved as JPG. No fault of the camera, JPG just isn't a good format for preserving data.

Yes, Whiskeyman and Charlie are correct.

Hmm...isn't it [MENTION=6277]Don Kuykendall[/MENTION] who owns one of the WD My Passport with an SDHC slot on it? I *think* you can upload your files directly to it, but since I've never used one, maybe someone who has can give you more info on how it works. My thinking is possibly you can upload the files to it directly and only move the ones you want to edit to your computer.

I'm not sure how many types are available (different amounts of storage space) because you might need something with a larger capacity.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co...gLzEAQYASABEgKuB_D_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1244324