Mothers of the Bride

I personally know someone who bought a high end point and shoot and advertised as a pro. I asked her about training and she said she didn't need it. Actually had a few jobs. Go figure.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Can you imagine hiring someone to shoot a important function, a one time only event and the showing up with a point and shoot. I don't even think I would advertise as a pro shooting with my D7100 since it is a DX camera. Although I think I could do at least as good a job and many of the pros do with their more expensive cameras. It is not all about the equipment but Damn, a Point and shoot?

Daz

Can you imagine hiring someone to shoot a important function, a one time only event and the showing up with a point and shoot. I don't even think I would advertise as a pro shooting with my D7100 since it is a DX camera. Although I think I could do at least as good a job and many of the pros do with their more expensive cameras. It is not all about the equipment but Damn, a Point and shoot?

I dont think the "Pro" comes into it, if you can get the shots with a DX camera then you are as much of a pro as an FX shooter ... Trey Ratcliff only shoots with Mirrorless, now if he rocked up to my wedding using that I wouldn't care as long as he got the shots :)

Wolfeye

I can't see how a job you did for free, on a topic you no longer take pictures of professionally should have any restrictions. Give her a CD if that's what she wants and devil may care what she thinks, or anyone else thinks, about the images.

I can't see how a job you did for free, on a topic you no longer take pictures of professionally should have any restrictions. Give her a CD if that's what she wants and devil may care what she thinks, or anyone else thinks, about the images.

The problem with that is that I am actually doing it for my son and future daughter in law so I want them to be great. The other problem is the MOB. She is under the impression that I am doing this for her no matter how many times I tell her otherwise. I hope Nikonites will set up a "GO FUND ME" site to raise bail money for me because I may lose it before this week is out.

Whiskeyman

No, I cannot fathom it!

After I bought my first SLR, a Nikon FM, in 1978, I had several people ask me to come to their weddings and take photos. I did for a few of them, but only after finding out that no one would be taking photos if I didn't. I let them know that I would be taking "snapshots, not photographs". Most understood and had no problem with it, but neither were they bossy about what would be done. Afterwards, I'd get the film processed and prints made and give them the whole package to let them go further with them if they wanted to.

Later on, I purchased a Hasselblad 500CM and that really caused expectations to rise. I did a few sessions for co-workers and acquaintances, primarily at my wife's urging, before I got too stressed to keep it up. That camera, considered a professional's tool at the time, was anything but that in my hands.

While a P&S camera won't keep a real pro from getting great shots, it will expose a fraud, but them again, so will a good camera!

It sounds like your son's future M-I-L should contact Cliff Mautner: http://www.cmphotography.com.

Well I got through the day without killing anyone and managed to get a few shots that I think came out pretty good. Here is one of Bride and Groom(Son) along with my wife and daughter and me (I am the old man in the group)
11-07-15_0001-2-edit-edit-edit.jpg

Blacktop

Well I got through the day without killing anyone and managed to get a few shots that I think came out pretty good. Here is one of Bride and Groom(Son) along with my wife and daughter and me (I am the old man in the group)
11-07-15_0001-2-edit-edit-edit.jpg

I just discovered this thread. You should have PM-ed me. I would have drove down and gave you a hand as a second shooter. Great shot BTW

I just discovered this thread. You should have PM-ed me. I would have drove down and gave you a hand as a second shooter. Great shot BTW

Thank you for that. I was lucky in that I have a couple of friends here local that I shoot with all the time and one of them was able to shoot backup for me he shoots a D7200 so our photos match in IQ pretty good I made sure that we matches settings etc so that the photos would be a seamless as possible. I have only given a quick look at all of them so far by I think they are going to turn out pretty good overall I also had my backup D7000 running video of the entire ceremony and the sound guy gave me a cd of all the video so I am going to sync the audio and video so I can have a video of the service with great audio. Thinking of cutting the video with some older photos of both of them along with something else since the video part is pretty boring since for the most part they are just standing there. Will figure that one out next week LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk