More Rumors of a D7200

Nero

If the price is right and reviews turn out good then this might be a good upgrade for the D7100.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

J-see

Interesting... I'll have to experiment with it some more; as I said in the past I've not been a big fan but now I'm wondering what I may be missing.

Just to see what I frame I could care less about the screen. I'd rather use the viewfinder and save battery but this is a completely different story. If in live-view, with the "i" button you can go through some options like FX or DX and such. The last is exposure preview. When enabled, with the "info" button you can add the histogram. The DOF preview works on the screen too. In the viewfinder it is pretty hard to see anything but on screen it is great. Now it makes sense to shoot manual without a handheld lightmeter.

The leveling plane is also in the info options which saves me quite some effort leveling my tripod in the dark. I now use the cam to do that instead of using my cellphone to light the pod's levels.

J-see

Now I only need to figure out how I can use the "multiple exposure" to my advantage. If I'm understanding it correct, it should enable me to shoot a much higher DR but as a single RAW. That'll take some testing.

Englischdude

never needed the tilt screen, the only nag I had with the D7100 was the buffer lag, but have got used to that now. nothing in these specs make me drool with envy, will wait and see what the 7300 has to offer.

cbay

So if they announce the 7200 at CES in Jan., will it be available right away or will it be a month or so after that?

Last edited:

Rob Bye

In most cases, I recall, there were at least a couple of months between announcements and first shipments. Start saving, just in case. :p

Girevik

I saw an article from mid December that said the D5500 was coming out at CES, and the D7200 next moth at CP+. They were spot on about the D5500 so I've been hopeful we'll see the D7200 announcement in a few weeks. A search today turns up a bunch of articles about a "leaked" document confirming the D7200 at CP+, so it's looking better and better.

I've been considering a 7100 anyway...hopefully either the 7200 will be in my price range, or it will drive down the price of the 7100 even further.