Monthly Assignments -- What do you think?

What do you want?

• Nikon Cameras only for submission consideration

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Any Camera for submission consideration

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I could care less about the monthly assignments

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TedG954

Michael, I view it as a competition between photographs taken with NIKON cameras. The use of NIKON cameras is the key.

To take the point further, what about non-NIKON lenses on NIKON cameras? Or, straps. Or, flashes.

I understand and appreciate your concerns for those that use other equipment.

Michael J.

What me bothers is that I got dislikes cos I have an other opinion. I wasn't impolite or something else.

Imagine that everyone gets a dislike who doesn't agree with me :confused:

Disagree is for me in this case as same as dislike. If I disagree I can state my opinion.

Bill16

I felt the same way a while back when a buddy clicked the disagree button my post. I'm a little embarrassed saying it hurt. So I'm sorry you got that same feeling my friend.:(

What me bothers is that I got dislikes cos I have an other opinion. I wasn't impolite or something else.

Disagree is for me in this case as same as dislike. If I disagree I can state my opinion.

mikew_RIP

I may be wrong but i think we where going to have a dislike button and it was changed to disagree for the very reason your talking about,when i look at the members who gave you a disagree they dont strike as the type to have clicked if it had been dislike,they clicked purely because they disagree with you.

mikew_RIP

Just a question: Is the monthly Assignments a competition between Cameras or is this a competition between photos? :eek:

Its my feelings that yes its a challenge between photos but the core value of the forum is its main targeted member base Nikon owners,to this end i feel there should be restrictions in place.

Now on another note i have a more liberal attitude,we already accept that 365s can contain images from other makes purely because it is a photo journey, the requirement to take one image every day would not work for many who say go to work with a phone as there only camera,or a day out with the family and only want to take some form of family compact.
Its a very fine line between keeping multi make owners on the site and not diluting it to just another camera forum,at the risk of being banned i would have to say if i was replacing all my kit to do the same as i do now i would give serious thought to Canon and if i was not doing wild life i would give serious thought to Olympus.

Perhaps all personal threads like 52s or Fred bloggs images should have no restrictions placed on them for camera make,and post your xyz threads and challenges should be nikon only.

Blacktop

You didn't get a dislike, you got a "disagree". Two different things. We can be friends and like each other, but that does not mean that we have to think alike or always agree on stuff.

BTW, I just disagreed with my friend @Bill16 just to mess with him. He's a good sport and I know he won't get mad.:encouragement:

Michael J.

You didn't get a dislike, you got a "disagree". Two different things. We can be friends and like each other, but that does not mean that we have to think alike or always agree on stuff.

I mentioned that the disagree in this case is as same as dislike to me - Look to the disagree thumb. And that is a feeling can't explained with ratio.

I show my daughter thumbs down or I say to her I disagree. It makes the difference.

Bill16

Yes I gotta have a sense of humor being friends with Pete! Lol ;)

BTW, I just disagreed with my friend @Bill16 just to mess with him. He's a good sport and I know he won't get mad.:encouragement:

wornish

I was one of those that clicked the disagree button in post #18 only because I didn't agree, thats what I thought it was there for.

No offence was intended and it certainly wasn't meant to be a Dislike. Still friends I hope :cheerful:

Kevin H

I was one of those that clicked the disagree button in post #18 only because I didn't agree, thats what I thought it was there for.

No offence was intended and it certainly wasn't meant to be a Dislike. Still friends I hope :cheerful:

I was the other it was meant in no disrespect
I'd just like this to stay a Nikon forum
I've been on other forum that are all cameras and too me it sucks trying to get info for a specific camera or lens and all different answers except for your question

mikew_RIP

I was the other it was meant in no disrespect
I'd just like this to stay a Nikon forum
I've been on other forum that are all cameras and too me it sucks trying to get info for a specific camera or lens and all different answers except for your question

You mean you ask a question like,i have a 600mm Nikon lens and a 200-500mm nikon but only a Nikon D70 camera looking for a better crop body,the first answer probably goes well i would suggest a Canon xyz:D

Kevin H

You mean you ask a question like,i have a 600mm Nikon lens and a 200-500mm nikon but only a Nikon D70 camera looking for a better crop body,the first answer probably goes well i would suggest a Canon xyz:D
Best one I had was asked what lens I should get for a D5100( this was before I bought the camera) First answer was the 100-400L lens second answer was the 400 5.6 so I searched for the lenses :D

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm a little late to the party. ;) As others mentioned, I came here because Nikonites is a Nikon forum. There are scads of photography forums out there as well as scads of photo contests that are open to many manufacturers, but there are few contests dedicated to Nikon cameras. When @jdeg created the very first photo contest here on Nikonites, it was limited to Nikon cameras. I hope future photo contests here on Nikonites are limited to Nikon cameras...OR...have the non-Nikon subforum run their own non-Nikon contest. Another option is to have the non-Nikon subforum create an open photo contest for any camera manufacturers while there remains dedicated monthly and weekly photo contests for Nikons.

http://nikonites.com/content/148-nikonites-first-photo-contest-hot.html#axzz3uXD2hvgz

When I first came into this forum so very long ago there were no non-Nikon photos here that we knew of the main reason we started allowing them in a single section of the forum was because a number of our members were getting a second camera like this "Nikon D800.....Sony A7II" these people lover their Nikons and for the most part will not give them up but they do also like their Sonys for travel because of the size and great quality. (A least this is the impression I get) We have had Canon fan boys come in and stir things up (and not in a good way)

i consider this like an AA meeting in a way. It is a safe place to openly discuss our Problem (Problem being NAS) Did I tell you my D750 would be here in less than 24 hours.