Momma always told me not to shoot into the eyes of the sun...

singlerosa_RIP

D600 is back and we went downtown today to take some postcard photos. Excellent day here in St. Louis, after some recent chilly weather. Anywho, cruised down by the Arch and grabbed a few shots of what looks like Lunar Landing Man. Turns out he's Brad, a man of Jesus, flying the Christian flag and spreading the love. Luckily, I had my Tokina 11-16DX lens with me. I even grabbed a shot at 14mm with minimal vignetting. This is 15mm, 1/400 sec, f/13, ISO 100. Shot into the sun (on left). Arch lit by sun's reflection off Mississippi River.

DSC_6214.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
D600 is back and we went downtown today to take some postcard photos. Excellent day here in St. Louis, after some recent chilly weather. Anywho, cruised down by the Arch and grabbed a few shots of what looks like Lunar Landing Man. Turns out he's Brad, a man of Jesus, flying the Christian flag and spreading the love. Luckily, I had my Tokina 11-16DX lens with me. I even grabbed a shot at 14mm with minimal vignetting. This is 15mm, 1/400 sec, f/13, ISO 100. Shot into the sun (on left). Arch lit by sun's reflection off Mississippi River.

View attachment 69199

Very nice! :) Do you know what is causing the rainbow effect on the right (near the person wearing red)? Is it from lens flare? Whatever it is, it's different in a nice way! I also see a little rainbowish colors on the left side of the arch, but those I might attribute to a reflection off the arch. The one on the right has me wondering though.

Krs_2007

View attachment 69199

Nice shot Jim, glad you got D600 back.

singlerosa_RIP

Very nice! :) Do you know what is causing the rainbow effect on the right (near the person wearing red)? Is it from lens flare? Whatever it is, it's different in a nice way! I also see a little rainbowish colors on the left side of the arch, but those I might attribute to a reflection off the arch. The one on the right has me wondering though.
I'm guessing lens flare. I was shooting into the sun and the lens hood on the Tokina is very small. The twin rainbow stripes appeared on almost all the shots from this series.

Phillydog1958

Nice and no oil or dust spots in the sky area of the photo . . . Good for you. I just drove pass the Arch in December. I couldn't stop for a photo.

tmcguire17

And nice shot Singlerosa. Did you get your shutter replaced? Just sent mine back missing it badly! Using my f5 & D200 now and what a difference.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

DraganDL

:rolleyes:@tmcguire17: "Blinded by the Light" written and originally recorded by Bruce Springsteen 1973 off his debut album , Greetings from Asbury Park N.J http://goo.gl/IIhuW

tmcguire17

DraganDL: I did not know that! And stand corrected, I always hated Sprinfsteen :) Manny's version is better. NHR Photo: No it is out of warranty, keeping my fingers crossed. Im at 12k clicks and still spits sh=t like an old diesel. What really hurts is Nikon introducing the D610 to fix a mfg defect at D600 owners expense. We all own worthless equipment now. Typically Nikon gear holds good value but not the D600.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

DraganDL

Manfred Mann (M.M. Earth Band) used to be a good performer of the songs written by other authors (Dylan and Springsteen, being among them)...

tmcguire17

I just received a notice from Nikon with there service intent. They say they are going to clean the sensor at no charge nothing else. PFT!!! Only positive is they are not charging me for it. They aren't fixing their defects still for all who are interested in knowing what to expect.