Moab Man's Project 52

Moab Man

w-DSC_2679.jpg

Moab Man

Did my first shoot of a house. This was not a paid gig as I have not done this before, but a learning experience. I know there are improvements that could be made such as straightening out a few lines and I could have done some bracketing to blend images to compensate for the brightness outside. But I was not going to invest that much time as it was simply for learning. Great learning experience and from it I know I could do it again and really make it spectacular now that I have been in this "pool" of photography. Here are a few images of the many.

W_DSG_6211.jpg

W_DSG_6230.jpg

W_DSG_6233.jpg

W_DSG_6247.jpg

Moab Man

Well isn't it funny where things take you. From the above photos, a realtor group reached out to me to start shooting their homes. Guess I will have to dial in a few things to get them up to my standard.

Moab Man

I have accumulated some old cameras. Some given, some handed down. This one is an old Argus Range Finder camera. It has a beautiful old leather case that it sits in - a bear for trying to change film when it sits in the case. I need to come up with a blacker and more reflective platform for these shots.

W_2017-12-04-19.29.39 ZS PMax.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor
I have accumulated some old cameras. Some given, some handed down. This one is an old Argus Range Finder camera. It has a beautiful old leather case that it sits in - a bear for trying to change film when it sits in the case. I need to come up with a blacker and more reflective platform for these shots.

View attachment 274090

As Argus C3! I spent many hours shooting with that camera when I was in high school. Great shot!

Woodyg3

Contributor
Thank you. So how was this camera? Was it any good? Not asking in regards to my camera, but knowledge of this camera from its day.

I'd say it's a middle of the road rangefinder. It gets the job done, and the optics are pretty good. They were affectionately called bricks, and they were built like one. It was a very popular camera, good quality at a reasonable price in the day.

The one I used is long gone, my sister had it and tossed it because "it didn't work anymore." ARGH!

Moab Man

I'd say it's a middle of the road rangefinder. It gets the job done, and the optics are pretty good. They were affectionately called bricks, and they were built like one. It was a very popular camera, good quality at a reasonable price in the day.

The one I used is long gone, my sister had it and tossed it because "it didn't work anymore." ARGH!

I'm slowly photographing them all and will then put them up on a shelf just for the novelty.