McDonald’s reveals secrets of burger primping

Dave_W

The Dude
Bob's Big Boy Santa Monica BLVD I think...my other favorite hobby...hot rod cars.

I lived in Whittier and right there on Whittier Blvd was the Bob's Big Boy where all the souped up cars cruising the Blvd would turn around in the parking lot and go the other way. I don't think kids these days understand the concept of sitting with friends watching other friends drive by. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I ever understood it, now or then. But hey, it was what you did back when you had no video games, DVR's, Facebook and all the other distractions of growing up in the 21st century.

Eye-level

Banned
This is what I am talking about...they are missing out on something that was so super cool. They have no idea. Do kids even make out in back seats anymore? I bet they don't...LOL

Dave_W

The Dude
This is what I am talking about...they are missing out on something that was so super cool. They have no idea. Do kids even make out in back seats anymore? I bet they don't...LOL

I don't think so. Back a few years ago when my son was in high school he would just go to his girl friends house and rock it out in her room while her parents watched TV. It's a very strange world we used to live in compared to today's world. Or maybe it's the other way around, not sure any more...

Eye-level

Banned
And to think we used to have to do dishes and mow the lawn too...at ten years old...I wouldn't let my kid touch a push mower today he'd cut his damn foot off...he probably wouldn't know how to start one anyway. No wonder McDonald's and everyone primps stuff up...people have been dumbed down.

Dave9072

The #1 was Mayo

The #2 was Mustard

IIRC the # 3 was the smoke house sauce

Yes I remember the A&W in North Town well I really hated it when that went out, that was one of the real A&W drive in's that made the root beer at the restaurant. When they opened that combo store over in Tandy Town with the Long John's it was not the same thing at all. I can't speak for you Dave, but Ball's BBQ actually made a really awesome cheese burger. What I miss most about McAlester and Krebs though is all the Italian Food. I constantly tell people when you grew up eating the best Italian food in the world the Olive Garden and Johnny Carino's just does not cut it.

Yeah, I loved a big frosty mug of A&W Root Beer and a Papa burger back in the day.