Marcel's 2020 Fuji pics

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Love this image, Marcel. So what would a comparable DX or FX lens be compared with your Fuji? Would it still be considered a wide angle or closer to normal?
The 23 is like a 23 on a D72xxx or roughly 35mm on FX. I was very close to the turtle, camera on the ground and totally relied on auto-focus. There was no way I was going to lie on the path for a picture. I kneeled and put the camera on the ground as close as I thought it could focus. Spray and pray they say. :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few shots done with my X-T2, Sigma 105 macro with adapter nikon-Fuji X.

_3XT3154.jpg

_3XT3187.jpg

_3XT3112.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few shots with the Fuji X-H1 and my Sigma 150 macro. All hand held and with available light.

XH005818.jpg

XH005773.jpg

XH006361.jpg

XH006580.jpg

XH006608.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This flower just fascinates me. The mandala circular shape filled with texture and depth.

XH006552.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Using Sigma 105 macro. One of the biggest advantage of a mirrorless is the ability to use manual focus with focus peaking. It does make manual focusing so much more precise than with the Dslr.

XH007681.jpg

XH007673.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Cindy,

First I have to excuse myself because I made a mistake in spelling the effect. It should have read Orton effect.

If you google Orton effect you can find it's a post processing technique to create a sort of bloom around the highlights for a foggy effect.

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDC7v0Qsz4

Hope it can be of use to you sometimes.

Marcel

I'm not sure I follow you, Marcel. The only Horton I know of is in Dr. Seuss books. :beguiled: Lol. Care to elaborate a little? :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Cindy,

First I have to excuse myself because I made a mistake in spelling the effect. It should have read Orton effect.

If you google Orton effect you can find it's a post processing technique to create a sort of bloom around the highlights for a foggy effect.

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDC7v0Qsz4

Hope it can be of use to you sometimes.

Marcel

Lol - yes, that is a lot different than Dr. Seuss' Horton. ;) But no, doing a quick scan of the video, I've never heard of this post processing technique. However, it looks very interesting and is a video I will watch in full when I have time. Plus I like Matt K. :) By the way, your image looks impressive! Thanks for the info, Marcel. :encouragement:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
We're having a retaining wall redone. It's messy now but should be OK once they're done.

_XE24471.jpg

_XE24477.jpg

_XE24493.jpg