D72_6342.jpg

D72_6357.jpg

D72_6364.jpg

MCA_8673.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
We went to a show last night and I was only allowed to take a few shots for the first 2 songs. I had the X-T2 and really appreciated the EVF. At ISO 5000 paired with the 90mm f2, I was able to get very decent IQ. Here are a few.

_XT27850.jpg

_XT27854.jpg

_XT27860.jpg

_XT27867.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
After a long and cold winter, my inukshuk is finally able to get his head above the snow... Getting there, but slowly.

DSC_7435.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
After a long and cold winter, my inukshuk is finally able to get his head above the snow... Getting there, but slowly.

View attachment 308227

So this is your interpretation of Easter Island, eh? ;) In case anyone isn't familiar with Easter Island, there are huge heads statues on the sand. They just recently discovered each one has its own body that is hidden by the sand. For years people thought they were heads only.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
As the moon was setting down this morning there was either a plane or a satellite that passed between me and the planet. This hand held shot is not exceptional for sharpness, but for a hand held shot it's fine for a daily picture.
D72_6428.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Say no to snow! ;) That's my motto. We were fortunate this winter to not have any blizzards. Quite often those bring 12" to 18" of snow. The Farmer's Almanac predicted more snow than usual for the northeast portion of the US, but ours came in the form of rain instead. So rivers, creeks, and lakes are higher than normal.

I don't envy you, Marcel. Do you mind living in a snowy climate? At least I'm under the impression Canada gets a lot of snow.

Nicely done on the images. Do you use any type of rain jacket for your camera/lens? I was out in a snow storm (with high winds) using my D7200. Now there's an intermittent problem where the AF doesn't always lock when the shutter button is set for AF. It works fine with BBF though.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Say no to snow! ;) That's my motto. We were fortunate this winter to not have any blizzards. Quite often those bring 12" to 18" of snow. The Farmer's Almanac predicted more snow than usual for the northeast portion of the US, but ours came in the form of rain instead. So rivers, creeks, and lakes are higher than normal.

I don't envy you, Marcel. Do you mind living in a snowy climate? At least I'm under the impression Canada gets a lot of snow.

Nicely done on the images. Do you use any type of rain jacket for your camera/lens? I was out in a snow storm (with high winds) using my D7200. Now there's an intermittent problem where the AF doesn't always lock when the shutter button is set for AF. It works fine with BBF though.

Hi Cindy, no rain cover. My fuji X-T2 is very well weather sealed, very well. I don't mind living in a snowy climate because I'm an avid skier and enjoy snow more than I enjoy too hot summer days. I can always put on warmer clothing, but in the summer there is a limit to what I can remove...

M.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Leafs just want winter to let them free...

MCA_8740.jpg

MCA_8764.jpg

Apple trees struggling to get through winter
DSC_7550.jpg