Manhole Covers Plus

Texas

DSC_1672_MH.jpg

Dxer

One of my first shots with my new Sigma 150-600 C. I just bought this lens yesterday and it has been cloudy and raining here. Hopefully it will clear up in the next couple days for some real testing. :D

Manhole (1 of 1).jpg

Jim McClain

I never thought these iron cast access plates were all that interesting until I became an adult and visited a few different cities around the world. When I became interested in photography, I was living in the SF Bay Area and captured this with a Canon A1.

sf-streets1984-05.jpg

My experience since has been that the covers themselves weren't interesting unless they were part of the whole photo, whether they were a minor or major aspect of it. I guess I see a picture of just a cover as documentary style, even if the cover is artistic. I'm prob'ly wrong, since I'm certainly no critic with special powers of observation. Maybe I'm just saying that as an excuse to post this photo that isn't so much about the cover as it is about the cover in the middle of the street, in front of the building I had my first job, in the little town I grew up in.

greenville1601-003-1080x.jpg