Looking for small, clear display stands

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
In the past, I mentioned getting one of these Neewer Tent/Light Cubes. What I'm looking for are small, clear displays so I can photograph smallish items inside it. I'm starting to make some friendship bracelets so something large enough to display them as well as large enough for other small items while keeping in mind this is 16"x16".

Amazon has this one - but I'd prefer it to be a little deeper for other items. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really looking for flat-topped stands rather than racks for hanging jewelry. And if you have any photos you've taken with some type of display stands, I'd appreciate seeing your images.

Neewer.png

BF Hammer

Cindy, try searching with the word "acrylic" also. You get different hits. I don't have any specific source to recommend. But I do recommend buying in bulk because the cheap acrylic stuff from China has a way of cracking and breaking when you look at it wrong. For my watch collection I have 20 Russian watches with a submarine design (nearly have the full set...) and I display them on cheap acrylic watch stands on a knick-knack shelf in the house. I have over a dozen spares for future breakage. I already have had to buy a 2nd batch, very few of the originals still exit. May want to try AliExpress or Temu for this also.

Old style tent shooting low-key. See one of my acrylic stands holding the watch.
AUrDGZb.jpg

My current studio with internal LED lights.
x6GeHkl.jpg

Now I have a few thoughts about that type of photo studio tent. I used them for years for watch photography. But I have moved on to the black tents that have the silvery orange-peel coating inside and LED lights also pre-installed inside. Take my word, it is a far better way. Way more light. No fussing with external lights and angles. You can fabricate some kind of diffuser panel for the LED's if you wish with translucent white plastic or even white paper. Mine came with a sheet of white fabric that suspends below the lights. Most collapse down similar to a cardboard box for easy storage, but I leave mine set up full time on a storage shelf. 16x16x16 inches is about the maxumum size you would want to use for jewelry.

71Bdg8nj35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/DUCLUS-Photography-Portable-Backdrops-Photography/

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks for the info @BF Hammer - I will search for acrylic. I hadn't considered that!

As for the light box, I haven't used this one enough to decide how much I do or don't like using it. But I will keep your suggestion in the back of my mind. Thanks!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I wound up ordering a small set of 3 stands from Amazon. Hopefully they will work okay. At least their sizes seem like they will be appropriate.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@hark If the stands don't work, maybe an acrylic box will work.
That's a good idea! I hadn't thought of it.

I have a light box which I won't mind using, but if I ever wind up needing another, I might be tempted to get one with a light inside.

This is what I ordered last night. Although I don't need 2 sets, the price was fine for my purposes. Thanks for all the helpful info!

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 09-09-18 Amazon.com 2 Sets Acrylic Display Risers(3 4 5 ) Clear Produ...png

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
One time I think I used a small cardboard box and covered it with a white cloth. It was just a little too tall for my preference but made do. The thing is I didn't have a shorter box that had enough width and depth. I can always cover these with plain cloths if I choose or can even put two of the same size together to form a low riser with a larger area of coverage.