Lightroom ... A Must For PhotoShop Users?

BackdoorArts

Hmm, my psd files are from 30-100mb.... thats to much. I only save a few psd's, the once I really made progress in, so I can go back and look again.

For print I save in jpg, I know tiff is better but I really think the jpg's looks awesome from the lab I use, so for now I think I'll keep it like that.

I was just looking at the print section in Lightroom this morning, looks like it could be very useful for proofs if I was ever to do that.
I'll try printing from LR sometime, when I get my A3 printer some glorious day, it would be easy peasy printing directly from LR. Those who doesn't go by PS, I mean.

My PSD's run about the same. My point is that saving them as PSD or TIFF is about the same, size-wise. If you're saving to JPEG once completed then yes, you're saving a TON of space. The one thing I need to get better at is the finishing of my photos. I should really archive off the PSD once it's done and keep properly sized JPEGs immediately available for printing and/or sharing. Would make a big difference.

I haven't printed from LR much yet, but I will be trying it soon.

Dave_W

The Dude
I print from LR. Not because I think it's any better than PS or anything, I just like the print module and have used it far more times than PS

wud

My PSD's run about the same. My point is that saving them as PSD or TIFF is about the same, size-wise. If you're saving to JPEG once completed then yes, you're saving a TON of space. The one thing I need to get better at is the finishing of my photos. I should really archive off the PSD once it's done and keep properly sized JPEGs immediately available for printing and/or sharing. Would make a big difference.

I haven't printed from LR much yet, but I will be trying it soon.

Wow, you save everything (more or less) as psd? You must have a huge harddrive :)
I think the 300dpi jpg file are still okay for minor adjustments, if I see something a while after, so yeah, I just keep those.

Really? Tiff is SO much space? Clearly its been to long since I've saved a tiff!

JDFlood

I struggled along with PS for a long time. Then found light room 2? Hardly ever use PS any more. Only to really do really fancy adjustments. LR much better / simpler for daily work. JD