Let's horse around

snaphappy

NIK_9371.jpg

NIK_9245.jpg

snaphappy

Eyelevel I really like the second one but the eye on the first is very nice. I see you still have shaggy ponies there too :)

I locked ponies out in the back so hubby could get truck in to unload hay bales
NIK_1175.jpg

NIK_1177.jpg

NIK_1188.jpg

seriously are you going to let us in
NIK_1192.jpg

the usual winter view
NIK_1207.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
OK first snap is interesting because you can see my humble home in the background! Old girl is as gentle and pretty as they come!

Old boy is actually a youngster and he thinks he is stud...hahaha Thinks he ought to play the lead role in the next Warhorse movie...LOL

snaphappy

Your mare has that soft gentle eye in the first photo and breeze on the mane is nice also gives the soft feel :)

I know that pose and eyes from your paint in the last photo LOL I get that alot hehe but I like the eyes peeking at you over the fence in the second

I'm getting frustrated posting pics as I look at my photos I posted on here using photobucket link my daughters mare looks a terrible dull greenish and not the pretty red like yours same with the red on my paint :( but I have my original on my screen beside this and it looks perfect colouring. I'll have to look into something other than photobucket to post because the colour difference is BAD! I'm looking at them side by side on the same screen and it looks awful on here :(

Eye-level

Banned
Oh dear...haven't you heard? Photobucket is good for feeding the pigs slop!!! Now that you say it yes your snaps are suffering from photobucketitis!

I'm using flickr but even my images are not coming across like they look full sized on my monitor...I could host them on my server space but I am to lazy...so I just use the flickr...

snaphappy

Eyelevel I'm jsut not compture savvy and I thought I was doing good figuring out photobucket but the colour change is getting worse and worse and I don't understand my original beside it looks great and I don't edit or anything in photo bucket. I will check into flickr probably tomorrow as I have a photography class this evening.

I think the photo you asked about is one of my favs of him it shows his personality and different stance perspective?? I don't know how to explain what I mean but sending you original in a min :)

Eye-level

Banned
Snaphappy...what is your name please I hate calling people their handle? :)

Look at my Area 52 thread Page 9 post #82...

We are always learning...all of us all of the time! :) :) :)

Thanks for sending me the snap I'm going to play with it and then throw it up here...show off a little...if that is OK with you of course...hahaha

I just like the mood of it...because of the mood I think the unorthodox composition works...you get away with breaking the rules in this one IMO...

Eye-level

Banned
Yes but gmail has been weird lately...I have noticed that it is seemingly automatically downsizing attachments now...does anyone know about this?

Yes I got the snap but it is like 640Xwhatever and not the original size darn it...

snaphappy

My fault using preview changes the size in my iphoto so my original is no longer in original size. Re-emailed and sent it original size for out going mail hope that works

snaphappy

Eyelevel you trouble maker it was +12 on Easter Sunday when I took this! Oh in American that's 53 degrees! there's no frozen nostrils in that pic! His belly was that way cause he's so fat LOL and was actually running in the deep snow. I can post my original but gotta feed myself and kids before I head to school to learn all these photography things you guys all know about :)

Yes Marilynne I only have one daughter thats her mare and yes she is in shorts and those god awful plastic croc shoes right now in the snow grooming her horse hahaha Honestly

snaphappy

Ok used aperture to resize and skipped stupidbucket and uploaded to gallery this time hope my daughters mare isn't green this time grrr
This was the original although I didn't change anything originally except to crop 4x6 portrait
nik_1177.jpg

And this is why chubby has snow on his belly
nik_1168.jpg

They only like to go around the top of the lagoon when the snow is deep because it is raised quite a bit so the wind keeps the snow low