lens filter for d60 so I can take picture of eclipse

Raven1

I want to know if there is a cheaper side of a filter to take a picture of eclipse with my D60. My grandchildren want Papa to do it

BF Hammer

Time is a' wasting here, you need to buy now. You even want to practice just photographing the sun before the event.

Your camera body is irrelevant. You get a filter that is matched to your lens. The filter size is normally printed on the lens body with the other specs it has. Then shop for a solar filter of the right size to screw on to the lens.

The less expensive way is to make a homemade filter using the same solar film that is used in the cardboard eclipse glasses. Scissors and some medium-weight cardboard and some wide tape does the job.

6"x6" solar film at Amazon

Solar filter at Amazon, but I have no idea what size you need because you did not share which lens you are using.

ps: A 300mm lens is about ideal for a crop-sensor camera such as the D60. Use a 200mm if that is the longest you have.

I just watched Hudson Henry's eclipse video this morning and recommend it for tips. It's more for people in the total eclipse zone but of course everybody benefits from the talk about the partial phase.