Kim 20's 2015 photos

RockyNH_RIP

I had a request to explain how I produced the Picture in picture image that I entered into the "Weekly Challenge", so here it is,

First off, i used a tripod, a remote, and my glass sphere.
Setting the tripod up, and extended the centre rod to get it as high as I wanted, and snapped the first pic below.
Pic #1

Then holding the sphere up and using the remote to focus and shoot, I had to take a few shots as it wasn't easy to get it focus the way I wanted it on the centre of the sphere. Amazingly I didn't drop the ball, came close a few times tho....
Pic #2

Then I uploaded the pics to Photoshop Elements 10, and cut the circle out of pic #2, and pasted it onto pic #1, lining up the two horizons. If you notice, there is a little bouy in pic #1, on the left centre distance on the lake, and a few of the light dots in the sphere that I did touch up to remove them, as I found them distracting.

I am self taught, both with photography and photoshop, well, computers in general, and it is the very best hobby for me in the world. I have always been artistic, and I really enjoy using my photos to create images that keep my eye for a few minutes. I did not find photoshop easy at all, an awful lot of trial and many errors, swear words, and frustration in general. I am glad I persisted, and I know that I am only scratching the surface, but I can do pretty much most things I want now.

I hope that explains it well enough :)
Kim, excellent project and thank you so much for the explanation! Nice to get a feel for how these specialty shots are done.

Pat in GA

Blacktop

I had a request to explain how I produced the Picture in picture image that I entered into the "Weekly Challenge", so here it is,

First off, i used a tripod, a remote, and my glass sphere.
Setting the tripod up, and extended the centre rod to get it as high as I wanted, and snapped the first pic below.
Pic #1
View attachment 154645

Then holding the sphere up and using the remote to focus and shoot, I had to take a few shots as it wasn't easy to get it focus the way I wanted it on the centre of the sphere. Amazingly I didn't drop the ball, came close a few times tho....
Pic #2
View attachment 154646

Then I uploaded the pics to Photoshop Elements 10, and cut the circle out of pic #2, and pasted it onto pic #1, lining up the two horizons. If you notice, there is a little bouy in pic #1, on the left centre distance on the lake, and a few of the light dots in the sphere that I did touch up to remove them, as I found them distracting.
View attachment 154647

I am self taught, both with photography and photoshop, well, computers in general, and it is the very best hobby for me in the world. I have always been artistic, and I really enjoy using my photos to create images that keep my eye for a few minutes. I did not find photoshop easy at all, an awful lot of trial and many errors, swear words, and frustration in general. I am glad I persisted, and I know that I am only scratching the surface, but I can do pretty much most things I want now.

I hope that explains it well enough :)

Although I am very impressed with the technical skills you possess pulling off this shot, I am however much more impressed with your imagination to dream up a shot like this.
Well done.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Your creativity is amazing. I had guessed that your technique was similar to what you actually did, but holding the sphere had me puzzled because it never even crossed my mind that you used PS to combine two photos. Ha! Why I didn't think of that considering that I had combined two shots for the same challenge, I don't know. Oh well, I am very slow sometimes. Ha! Thanks.

Kim20

So, last Christmas, I bought a DJI Phantom 2 vision plus Drone. I had absolutely no experience flying this toy. I have taken it out a few times, but yesterday was the first time that I had a successful flight. Got a few photos, and made a video. ( https://youtu.be/mJI5GtnCUag ) The video is kind of long, and it may not play in all countries because of some of the music I used.
This is Toby Creek and the huge creaked that is completely covered when the water starts running from the mountains in June.
DJI00028.jpg

DJI00037.jpg

DJI00041.jpg

DJI00045.jpg