Kid/angel portrait

wud

I want to say that i love these shots..
i think kids are a mystery & they have emotions just as much as we do.. in fact more..

this was the first framed work i got... i made my dad buy this for me when i was 13..
i have no idea why, just the emotion in this was so strong, i can't explain it even today

View attachment 66854

Do forgive the quality of the pic.. the photo is very old & dirty..
you can see the tear rolling down her eyes as well as suggested by [MENTION=11881]Moab Man[/MENTION]

That's a great story and a very expressive image. You had an interest in images from a young age already. Seeing this, reminds me of some of the styles from the 80'ies - there was a lot of sad/sour/no expression posters actually.

Maybe my work should just be seen as 80'ies stuff.

Sent from Tapatalk

Krs_2007

Angel is correct, all children are angels and I love what you did here. But after reading everyones thoughts on it my feelings are mixed. I can see both sides of it and I had to look at the first picture for a few days before I could say anything on it. The second one I dont really feel, but your the artist and not me. The first to me really shows how precious a child is as well as innocent they are.

My initial thought was a memory I dont usually talk about, but my daughter and her friend were 12 years old and in a bad auto accident. This shot when I first looked at it, it reminded me of my daughters friend that died in the accident. Thats just the feeling it invoked in me and its not a bad thing because we have a tendency to forget things in life and this reminded me of how I felt when my daughter got to come home after this. The reminder is not a bad one, it was a bad accident, so please dont think it upset me.

It does remind me how precious life is through a childs eyes.

Great shot, great post processing Mai.

Hope I conveyed my thoughts when viewing this without worrying you. Its beautiful.

wud

Angel is correct, all children are angels and I love what you did here. But after reading everyones thoughts on it my feelings are mixed. I can see both sides of it and I had to look at the first picture for a few days before I could say anything on it. The second one I dont really feel, but your the artist and not me. The first to me really shows how precious a child is as well as innocent they are.

My initial thought was a memory I dont usually talk about, but my daughter and her friend were 12 years old and in a bad auto accident. This shot when I first looked at it, it reminded me of my daughters friend that died in the accident. Thats just the feeling it invoked in me and its not a bad thing because we have a tendency to forget things in life and this reminded me of how I felt when my daughter got to come home after this. The reminder is not a bad one, it was a bad accident, so please dont think it upset me.

It does remind me how precious life is through a childs eyes.

Great shot, great post processing Mai.

Hope I conveyed my thoughts when viewing this without worrying you. Its beautiful.

You told your thoughts very gentle, thank you. Its a sad story.. Thank heaven you still have your daughter.

I've been thinking about this thread of course, and maybe my state of mind is just to visible for some, in this image. And several others I've done lately. Think most of you read about my work situation, today I finally went to the doctor and she gave me a sick leave (don't know from what, as I am already without work), I must admit I thought she could help in some way but she just gave me a new appointment and a folder about stress. I wanted to get a clear statement, if you just do this and this, then you'll be fine ;)

I'm not the crying type of girl, I just don't sleep at night and I am pretty worried, I guess photography is my way to get my emotions out and away, but maybe - even though it really wasn't my intention - I just pored in to much of me in this image. Not saying I am a pretty angel ;) but the expression/mood in it. Although, when doing it, we were all having a good time.

I've been going over the images from this shoot several times, I am having a hard time finding images that really appeal to me, which doesn't express something moody. So maybe I should work with myself before doing to many other shoots with kids :eek:

Krs_2007

Nope, the medicine is expressing yourself in whatever you choose. I think you do that better than a lot of people that i know. I moved to photography as a hobby because of changes over the last few years as well.

Dont change a thing, I always love your perspective. Photography, painting, dancing and whatever you want is an expressional art form.

To me a picture should move you like others have said, sometimes thats good and sometimes thats bad. But in the end you generated emotions and thats a huge asset in any art form.

Keep doing what your doing and I hope the other stuff will work itself out.

Thats what I love about this site, we all see things differently. I like to capture moments and things I like so I can remember, you are more on the artistic side and cultivate feelings which is fantastic and I won't to get that way.

Hope this makes sense and I want you to be you and by no means did I mean anything by my post, just wanted to convey what your picture meant to me. I can be a little tough in my life and when I see something that moves me, well, it moves me or brings out things I need to be reminded of.

Please dont change or alter anything you are doing.