June Monthly Assignment - BIRDS, BIRDS, BIRDS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin H

When does this close??

I'm leaving my last entry open till I get back from a trip up north may not get posted till July 1st

Slipperman

Entry #2

Birds4_003a_1_frame.jpg

Last edited:

TommysG

Wake me up when the food gets here..
wake-me-up.jpg

The juvenile house finches all take turns sleeping at the feeder. What's up with that?

Vincent

Third entry: I went to observe the birds of pray near the forests near work. I saw 2 circling an edge of a forest and was able to park a bit further, with an approach from the other side of the forest. When I was installed in some high grass one of them came to fly closer to me, got some great shots I find (700mm hand held):

bird_of_pray_in_flight.jpg

Eyelight

Entry #2 - Mom, do I gotta, please Mom no, do I gotta eat that worm.

This little feller was hopping around eating invisible bugs and worms, at least I couldn't see what he was going after. I noticed while processing, his beak is misaligned and thinking maybe his little mind might be misaligned as well. At one point he was happily hopping around me about 3 feet from my feet. He'd hop into the shadows and I would move around and herd him back to the sunlit ground. This went on for about 10 minutes before Mom showed up, scolded him for talking to a stranger, and they flew off.

140625_DSC_0383_1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.