Jumping Folders

wildshots

With my Nikon D7100, when I begin to upload photos from my camera to a folder in my PC, the folder jumps and avoids capture repeatedly!!! I have researched it on Microsoft's website. They do acknowledge the situation with Windows 10. (Never had this problem with Windows 7 or any other Windows Operating System). I have tried printing out and following a couple of their pages long journey's into my system's innards, to no avail.

This does not happen with my D5100, my D7200 or my D500. It's maddening. If you are VERY fast, sometimes you can catch the folder as it goes by. A very poor workaround has been to make a folder simply named 1. That way it sits at the top of the list and I can transfer my images from my camera to that folder then change the name of the folder. I'm lazy. I don't like to do that.

I did, in desperation, do a factory reset of my camera. That had no effect. Problem persists.

Anyone had this and found a fix? I did start through this thread but it's 53 pages and again, I'm lazy.

Thanks
Sam

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
What are you using to transfer your photos from your camera to your computer? I have a D7100 and use Nikon's ViewNX-i to transfer photos with no problem.

wildshots

Clovishound, that would certainly work ... but, I like, or want to be able to simply hook a data transfer cable from my camera to my PC just like I do every other camera and/or PC/laptop I own.

And, the response to Clovishound would answer the response from Marilynne as well. There are any one of a number of workarounds. I'd just like to fix the issue.

Designating a new '1' folder each time and then renaming that folder seems the easier for me.

Thank you so much for your timely responses. I sincerely appreciate you folks!

Sam

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Clovishound, that would certainly work ... but, I like, or want to be able to simply hook a data transfer cable from my camera to my PC just like I do every other camera and/or PC/laptop I own.

And, the response to Clovishound would answer the response from Marilynne as well. There are any one of a number of workarounds. I'd just like to fix the issue.

Designating a new '1' folder each time and then renaming that folder seems the easier for me.

Thank you so much for your timely responses. I sincerely appreciate you folks!

Sam
I never remove the card. I plug the cable into my camera and PC.
Screenshot (172).png