issues with this lens

lucien

DSC_4980.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_4979.jpg
    DSC_4979.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 53

BF Hammer

Lucien, with the new flower photos you certainly figured out the depth of field in the 2nd photo. Very sharp across the petals. Actually you can salvage an interesting photo in the 1st photo if you do a more extreme crop to the upper flower. The pistol and stamen are very clear on that and if you isolate that by crop, it makes a new photo.

Photographing my watches, I have spent many years honing my craft on that. My first photos tended to look like your photos. I had to figure out the appropriate f-stops I could use as I upgraded cameras over the years. My biggest way to improve things was to at first construct my own light-diffusing structure to even out the light and not use a flash. I have bought 3 different commercial light diffusion studio tents and worked out making different kinds of studio lights. Today you can buy 16-inch or larger instant photo studios that have LED strip lights built inside the structure and the inner surfaces are covered with the same silver reflector material that the large outdoor reflective panels are made of. The studios are just a breeze to work with now and they are quick to set up and take down where space is an issue. Highly recommended for smaller still-life macro photos.