Is this a good deal?

motogypsy

What subjects interest you the most? Subjects such as birds require a longer focal length while landscapes tend to be shorter. Faster lenses allow in more light. It doesn't mean you'd have to go with the most expensive lenses out there, but lenses tend to be an investment. Go with what you can afford but that also perform well.
It's a range. Sometimes landscapes, sometimes close up of small things, sunsets etc

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a range. Sometimes landscapes, sometimes close up of small things, sunsets etc

Are you considering a DSLR or something else? It sounds like you might want interchangeable lenses...but there's also mirrorless cameras. So what type of body are you looking to start with?

motogypsy

Are you considering a DSLR or something else? It sounds like you might want interchangeable lenses...but there's also mirrorless cameras. So what type of body are you looking to start with?
I have a d3400 currently.

Iansky

I would certainly join the others who have suggested walking / running away from this package deal, it is put together solely to try and encourage someone who thinks they are getting a lot for their money to buy it - they are not!

The "lenses" all look like the attachments that screw into your existing lenses so you not only lose light, you will probably find they are not the same optical quality as the lens you use them on so will render "soft" images that may not be to your satisfaction.

I do not believe Vivitar have made a good flash since the 285 unit and most manufacturers make a compatible unit that should meet your requirements for a good price.

Good luck with the decision but unless you feel you must have it.....................steer away!