is Canon better/more popular than Nikon?

Iansky

Hi Jake,

I have fairly recently picked up a D500 and love it - I am finding it exceeds my expectations in all cases and has delivered great results across the sports, street and documentary side so no regrets at all in coming back to Nikon after my foray into mirrorless.

tea2085

Because no one even acknowledged my post about liberals and conservatives, I guess they consider it nonsense-which it probably is. I like this forum for that, instead of calling me and idiot, they just ignore me. Which tells me something about my post. Classy guys on the Nikonites forum. Paul

Texas

Everything's politicized, but the weirdo's (you decide which party they support) all use some of the other dozen major brands besides Canon and Nikon.

Seriously, with all the excellent brands and models out there I don't know how any of them make a profit.

Whiskeyman

I've posted the story before, so I'l just give the main points. Several coworkers and I were at lunch and a Canon owner started ribbing me about having inferior Nikon equipment. I mainly took it good-naturedly, but another coworker grew tired of his talk and asked him, point-blank, something like this: "If your camera is so much better than his, why aren't your pictures that much better than his?" :eek:

I never heard another word from the Canon guy about how much better Canon is than Nikon. :encouragement:

WM

Blacktop

Because no one even acknowledged my post about liberals and conservatives, I guess they consider it nonsense-which it probably is. I like this forum for that, instead of calling me and idiot, they just ignore me. Which tells me something about my post. Classy guys on the Nikonites forum. Paul

As you already know the members here come from all walks of life. The one thing that binds us together is the love of photography. Nothing would ruin that comradery more then discussing politics or religion.
It's not easy sometimes to refrain myself from making comments of a political nature but I do it because I love this forum. As much as I would like to remark on how silly your post was, I will refrain from doing so.

tea2085

Blacktop; having some interaction with you in the past, I know you're a great guy. You just couldn't help yourself from getting a dig in in-could you? Paul

Fortkentdad

Yes - No

There are more Canons
Does not make them better.
There are more Fords than Mercedes

But it isn't the camera that takes the picture and both a Ford and a Mercedes can get you where you are going.

tea2085

I bought a lens from Blacktop and he was a very pleasant ,upfront and honest with me.The lens was everything he said it was, a great lens at a good price. He has helped me with some of my camera problems by responding to my threads. Always great advice. I am hoping my remark to him has not changed his mind about helping me as I should have kept my dumb remark to myself. I have learned a ton on this forum and it is a great support system. I need you guys to continue to help me. There are some great photographers on this forum and Blacktop is one. If I could, I would buy him a drink and say "God Bless You" Thanks for reading this message. Paul

Kevin H

I bought a lens from Blacktop and he was a very pleasant ,upfront and honest with me.The lens was everything he said it was, a great lens at a good price. He has helped me with some of my camera problems by responding to my threads. Always great advice. I am hoping my remark to him has not changed his mind about helping me as I should have kept my dumb remark to myself. I have learned a ton on this forum and it is a great support system. I need you guys to continue to help me. There are some great photographers on this forum and Blacktop is one. If I could, I would buy him a drink and say "God Bless You" Thanks for reading this message. Paul

Pete @Blacktop is a good dude I've met him the last 2 years you should come to Florida in Feb to the M&G and buy us all a beer :D

mikew_RIP

I doubt very much you have upset Pete,you have to remember he is the most polite,politically correct member we have on here and possibly in the top ten photographers on here.

smiley_emoticon_wink_sticker-rd2abadd998df4ba0be8ec94d63ca53da_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg

Blacktop

All is good @tea2085. Sorry about the "silly post" remark I made. I'm not upset in any way with you nor with anyone else on here. Sometimes we just get grumpy in our old age and make snide remarks for no real reason.
I love this forum and the people that I have met over the years and would never think to stop helping anyone that needs it. I just wish I had more time to spend in here.

Nero

I just joined a local camera club. I'm kind of curious to see which brand is more popular among its members.

tcd511

I"ve shot Nikon since the 80's and have always had great service and products. But....it still doesn't stop me from breaking out my 5D classic and still shooting with it. The portraits it produces are still great. So I think of when I see a lot of Canons I look to see what they are and mostly what I see are the cheaper entry Rebels.

Slipperman

I just joined a local camera club. I'm kind of curious to see which brand is more popular among its members.

the club i was in back in 15-16 it really varied. a lot of people weren't beyond point and shoots. i also had this idea before i joined that i would learn a lot but it turns out i didn't. there just weren't that many members who were more experienced than me that i could pick up hints from. your mileage may vary.

Nero

the club i was in back in 15-16 it really varied. a lot of people weren't beyond point and shoots. i also had this idea before i joined that i would learn a lot but it turns out i didn't. there just weren't that many members who were more experienced than me that i could pick up hints from. your mileage may vary.
I went to an open house for this group and at the start they showed a slideshow made up of pictures taken by members last year.

Let's just say, I don't think I'll have that issue.

Slipperman

I went to an open house for this group and at the start they showed a slideshow made up of pictures taken by members last year.

Let's just say, I don't think I'll have that issue.
my club made some nice pics too but they were spread amongst just a few members.