I'm going to start out with an SD card.....

Blacktop

I know I might sound stupid, but what is CF (constant focus?), and what technology does no one else use? Sorry to ask this question, but I'm a learnin'.

CF is a type of card. I had one in my D300 and I think the D8xx cams use it as well. They are larger than the SD cards

edit. I didn't see jake's post above, when I typed this.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Compact Flash. It's what's been in every Pro and Semi-Pro body up until the D5 & D500.
well....you're right! By the way, I've been reading quite a few reviews from Photography Life....great site....I've been reading it periodically for quite some time.....more so recently as the D500 review was very important to me. Thanks for sharing that site with us a year or two ago. Great information. Utt-oo, Compact Flash......now I get it thanks to you and @Whiskeyman. A form of flash memory....

Last edited:

Whiskeyman

I know I might sound stupid, but what is CF (constant focus?), and what technology does no one else use? Sorry to ask this question, but I'm a learnin'.

CF - Compact Flash, a format that was developed in the early to Mid-1990s. Physically, it is much larger than a SD card, but also had much faster read and write speeds for a long time, but that has changed.

WM