I'm going AWOL

AxeMan - Rick S.

Good color,not much swelling,Great..After the stitches come out I'd say 2wks and you'll be back in the saddle.......Maybe:D

I wish. Saw the psychical therapist yesterday, and I got to look at it finally. We made all the appointments yesterday. Right now I get to see her two times a week till mid August.

fotojack

Glad to hear you're healing up, Rick. When you decide to come back full time, just hand in your doctor's note to Helene. She'll take it from there. ;) Oh wait...Helene's been AWOL, too! OK, never mind...carry on. :)

AxeMan - Rick S.

Well all here’s a quick update. In the last 12 weeks I have had two unsuccessful hand surgeries on my left ring finger. What the problem is, the very last tip of it will not bend and sticks out all the time, don’t sound like much but you would be surprised how much you need that fingertip to do common tasks. Typing, well lets say I’m learning how to type all over again a long with a lot of other things. I have lost half of my gripping power in my left hand because of it. My right hand has a grip of 115 pounds, my left hand has the grip of 45 pounds. So yeah life is a challenge right now. I have had a weight restriction of one pound on my left hand, so except between surgeries I was able to get a couple of days ( I cheated a lot here and there shhh) and been able to get some photo time in here and there. Forth of July fell just right for me and my finger was free for a couple of days and got some great fireworks photo’s which I’ll hope to post another night along with some other stuff I shot. Luck for me the finger does not stop me from photography, now that I’m not in a hand of finger brace. How ever it did stop me from editing in lightroom and photoshop, but now that I’m free its catch up time on editing lol

Being off for 15 weeks, the NAS fund is gone all my sick and vacation time is gone so I been cutting corners and much as I can. First two things to go were all the cell phones, the internet, and cable. Luck for me I live close to McDonalds and for a cup of coffee I use the internet for now for a couple of weeks till I turn on the internet again.

Got my work release Tuesday and go back to work the end of Aug. beginning of Sept. so as life returns to normal as much as things are going to be, I’ll be back on here and there for a couple of weeks. I’m hoping to be back on again real soon full time.

RockyNH_RIP

Well all here’s a quick update. In the last 12 weeks I have had two unsuccessful hand surgeries on my left ring finger. What the problem is, the very last tip of it will not bend and sticks out all the time, don’t sound like much but you would be surprised how much you need that fingertip to do common tasks. Typing, well lets say I’m learning how to type all over again a long with a lot of other things. I have lost half of my gripping power in my left hand because of it. My right hand has a grip of 115 pounds, my left hand has the grip of 45 pounds. So yeah life is a challenge right now. I have had a weight restriction of one pound on my left hand, so except between surgeries I was able to get a couple of days ( I cheated a lot here and there shhh) and been able to get some photo time in here and there. Forth of July fell just right for me and my finger was free for a couple of days and got some great fireworks photo’s which I’ll hope to post another night along with some other stuff I shot. Luck for me the finger does not stop me from photography, now that I’m not in a hand of finger brace. How ever it did stop me from editing in lightroom and photoshop, but now that I’m free its catch up time on editing lol

Being off for 15 weeks, the NAS fund is gone all my sick and vacation time is gone so I been cutting corners and much as I can. First two things to go were all the cell phones, the internet, and cable. Luck for me I live close to McDonalds and for a cup of coffee I use the internet for now for a couple of weeks till I turn on the internet again.

Got my work release Tuesday and go back to work the end of Aug. beginning of Sept. so as life returns to normal as much as things are going to be, I’ll be back on here and there for a couple of weeks. I’m hoping to be back on again real soon full time.

Rick, sorry to hear of all the bad luck following you... here is hoping that it will improve for you... you have been missed my friend! We just completed our move to GA and I am still trying to catch up on things myself... Look forward to seeing your work when you can...

Pat in GA

Whiskeyman

Well, it is time for you to have some good luck and good news with this situation. Hopefully, PT helps you a lot and you regain more function.

WM

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome back. Sorry to hear the surgery didn't go as expected, but glad to hear you can still use your camera.