I'm At A Loss

Watoh

Clearly I'm not alone at knowing what should be done but struggling to do it.

I did manage to delete about 5000 shots from the last 2 years.. Now I need to tag & rate the rest.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Blacktop

I just had a whole thing typed out, and when I went to upload a screen shot the whole damn site froze. This has been going on for weeks and nothing is being done about. I love this site, but I don't have an hour to waste every time I want to upload something or try and help someone. :mad:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I just had a whole thing typed out, and when I went to upload a screen shot the whole damn site froze. This has been going on for weeks and nothing is being done about. I love this site, but I don't have an hour to waste every time I want to upload something or try and help someone. :mad:

That's basically what happened to me yesterday. Tried 3 times before it worked on the 4th time. I posted this problem in the Suggestions Topic under slow images or something like that.

Lawrence

Happened to me a long time ago but no problems of late.
I founf that it happened when I typed a long post only for the "logged in" to time out on me. I've learned my lesson and now copy before I post in case it happens. Then it is simply a matter of logging in again and pasting - still a pain in the ass but not as bad as losing everything.

Lee-Ann

it's so good to know that there are many of us out there. I eventually unistalled LR it really was driving me crazy but I hear so many good things about it that i'm tempted to reinstall it. I do have the time but wow it seems so complicated especially the exporting a file to a jpeg or along those lines. I also have NX-D which apparently is great but also find the import export part a little compllicated. For quick editing I use Fastone, views all files and has quick editing function with resizing and a save as function perfect for posting to FB etc

Lawrence

Exporting is really easy [MENTION=40706]Lee-Ann[/MENTION] - but like everything it needs to be done once to understand it.

I think I have found my solution to importing and keywording based on taking a bit of something from everyone.

Until I find something different I will import by date and add to collections and the collections will be my primary keyword; eg. portrait, landscape etc. Then have other keywords such as location etc.

aroy

it's so good to know that there are many of us out there. I eventually unistalled LR it really was driving me crazy but I hear so many good things about it that i'm tempted to reinstall it. I do have the time but wow it seems so complicated especially the exporting a file to a jpeg or along those lines. I also have NX-D which apparently is great but also find the import export part a little compllicated. For quick editing I use Fastone, views all files and has quick editing function with resizing and a save as function perfect for posting to FB etc

With NX-D there is no "Import". Just point the file manager of NX-D to the directory holding images (RAW or jpeg or TIFF), and they are displayed in the program. NX-D does create a "side car file in a subdirectory where the files are. So it is better to keep the files date wise or subject wise to reduce the number of files loaded into NX-D at start up.

Export is quite easy. Just select the files from the thumbnails displayed, right click, select convert, choose jpeg in the dialog. Choose the output size, and tailor the file naming to your satisfaction. I use the original file name. The settings are remembered, so you have to do it once only. Then start the process. NX-D will generate the jpeg files and put them in the directory you selected.

You can also "Batch Edit" all the files. Just select all the files you want, then select the adjustments and they will be done to all the selected files.
Here is my workflow

Screens.jpg