If you had to do it over again, would you buy the D750 again?

Horoscope Fish

i seem to recall seeing/hearing about 3 different issues with the D750 where you had to go to Nikons site to check and see if your serial # was among the affected cameras (am i wrong about this?). i personally haven't experienced any of those 3 issues although i did send it in the first time even without having seen the problem. so since my experience has been nothing but positive, yes, i'd buy it again. it was at a cost though since i had a D5100 previously and now i had to buy all new full-frame lenses for the 750.
It's the exact same "issue" Nikon just issued three different service advisories about it (see link below).

My D750 supposedly needs this fix but I've actually TRIED to induce the banding some people are reporting on three separate occasions and I could only manage to get the banding to show up one time, sort of, and only for a fraction of a second. Getting that much to happen required a 3-cell Maglite, a tripod and a lot of solid effort.

Nikon Recalls the D750 a Third Time for the Same Shutter Issue :: via PetaPixel

gustafson

Thank you so much for the excellent and informative comments!

I basically shoot landscape, cityscape and street photography.

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say I'm photographing a forest of aspen trees. The light is partly cloudy with the sun having just set. I'm using a D7200 and a D750, both on tripods, both with the same lens, both with exactly the same settings.

I download and post process each image identically and print them back to back with the same printer as a 16x20 black and white print on the same fine art grade, glossy paper.

Would I notice a difference between the two prints?

Your question reminded me of an article I came across while I was researching the D610 as a possible replacement for the D7100. It has some side-by-side shots that were useful. Hope it helps.

https://petapixel.com/2016/07/18/full-frame-camera-really-worth-d610-vs-d7100-real-world-test/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gustafson

Your question reminded me of an article I came across while I was researching the D610 as a possible replacement for the D7100. It has some side-by-side shots that were useful. Hope it helps.

https://petapixel.com/2016/07/18/full-frame-camera-really-worth-d610-vs-d7100-real-world-test/

Turns out there is a D7200 vs D750 article along the same lines, with sample images for comparison:

A Thousand Words A Picture: Nikon D7200 vs Nikon D750: Full frame vs Crop Guide, 2015

mauiarcher

Thank you so much for the excellent and informative comments!

I basically shoot landscape, cityscape and street photography.

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say I'm photographing a forest of aspen trees. The light is partly cloudy with the sun having just set. I'm using a D7200 and a D750, both on tripods, both with the same lens, both with exactly the same settings.

I download and post process each image identically and print them back to back with the same printer as a 16x20 black and white print on the same fine art grade, glossy paper.

Would I notice a difference between the two prints?
I would buy d750 again in a heart beat for the low light advantages, focusing, and f2f you can usually get faster glass.

That being said, I think it is a better people camera if you really want to split hairs. There is no perfect 1 camera for everything in my opinion....except maybe the d850 ;) Just kidding. You may want to check out a used d810 for your stated needs. I think the d750 would be better for "street photography" but city and landscape on a tripod, d810 hands down. 50 base iso, more megapixel for cropability, no AA filter etc. They can be had relatively cheap and best camera for the money in my opinion. Only real under performance might be low light people/street vs d750 or d7200.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk