I want to use a Pentax SA/KPR Lens on my Nikon D7000 F-Mount...

topgunwghs

Thank you for pointing that out to me! I use LR5 and click the CA removal usually, the other Owl shots didn't have it nearly as bad.

topgunwghs

It's been a while, but I finally made the 3 hour drive around the flood wreckage and to the W.O.L.F. Sanctuary that I volunteer at, to playw ith the kids and help out rebuild.

TJF_2588-Fullsize.jpg

TJF_2536-Fullsize.jpg

TJF_2479-Fullsize.jpg

mikew_RIP

Hope your new lens works and gives satisfaction,it is quiet a capable lens if every thing else is right, you will need to stop it down a couple of stops at 400 as that is its weakest point.

mike

mikew_RIP

Had some thoughts about this and a few problems come to mind i thought i would post for your consideration.

OS cant see this working,as far as i know its activated by the shutter button and there will be no signal connection.

The adapter has a element in it to maintain infinity focus this will most likely adversly effect IQ

Removing this element will turn it into an extension tube and your focus will be well short of infinity

It may be worth looking for an adapter with no element but not as deep as the one you have ordered,yes you will lose actual infinity on the lens but it may still focus far enough to be of use.

Hope ime wrong on all counts and it works great,let us know.

topgunwghs

Well, sadly enough, it is an "SA" Mount lens and will not work with the "K" mount lens for the "KPA" other type, this will be for sale, or trade now, I would like to get one for a Nikon mount though, what a great looking and feeling lens.

topgunwghs

So, instead of trying to find a Sigma DSLR owner and selling them this Lens for $700, I am sending it into Amazon (Best site ever) for a trade-in GiftCard of $632. I will then put that toward the Used Sigma 50-500mm Lens for $806, making it cost only $174. In addition with the original cost of $224, making this Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon cost only $398!... SCORE!

topgunwghs

P.S. What in the world Neck Strap am I supposed to use, that will attach to the tiny holes on the D7000? I have the AN-DC1 that came with it, but there is not physical way for me to put them through the holes...?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
P.S. What in the world Neck Strap am I supposed to use, that will attach to the tiny holes on the D7000? I have the AN-DC1 that came with it, but there is not physical way for me to put them through the holes...?

Originally, there was a little triangular ring (just like a key ring that should be inserted into these little holes. The strap then gets into the ring. Should be some layouts of this in the manual.

Simone Tunzi

I jumped too quick and purchased the sigma lens. i guess because I figured it would be easy to get an adapter.
I tried my pk adapter on it but it does not actually fit :( I believe its a kpr but then I have no S mount lens to compare with .
What is the difference between 760169452_o.jpg kpr and a pk mount ?