I tortured my D3s!

snaphappy

Wow! I would be panicky at all that moisture! My 7000 has done remarkably well in the cold with my iPhone battery dying at -34C but my 7000 did just fine. I even left my 12-24mm in my vehicle over night at -33C and I placed it frozen on my 7000 and focusing everything worked just fine. I do keep those little moisture packets in my bags though for when they thaw out. I'm far more worried about moisture than cold. Glad weather proofing is working so well eek!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Wow! I would be panicky at all that moisture! My 7000 has done remarkably well in the cold with my iPhone battery dying at -34C but my 7000 did just fine. I even left my 12-24mm in my vehicle over night at -33C and I placed it frozen on my 7000 and focusing everything worked just fine. I do keep those little moisture packets in my bags though for when they thaw out. I'm far more worried about moisture than cold. Glad weather proofing is working so well eek!

I didn't realize that this was going to create such a great concern and I appreciate that. All I wanted initially was to imitate one of the posters from NR who was using his D3s in Snow which was covered in Snow. However, I also have seen the video that Kiwi have shared before which is why I wanted to see for myself about the weather sealing.

Just to make sure that the camera is ok, here is a quick snap early this morning. Back to nice and sunny again @ 41 deg F. :eek:

Snow 002 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Where I live that's an everyday outing with the D4 right now the temp is -18 with the wind feels like -28c

Ok. Thanks for this info Sam. Good re-assurance that these cameras can handle these harsh environment. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everprentice

Oh, I will never try that coz I'm not that brave (and not that rich). Lol. ;p kidding aside good to know the pro stuff delivers (not the D800 though).

Typed with two fingers on a bright shiny doodad.